BlackBerry Storm 2 Resetting itself
OlgaLuz

I recently upgraded from the Storm to the Storm 2 and also added Visual Voice Mail to my package.

Since then my Storm 2 just resets itself from time to time sometimes in the middle of a call or while running an application. I've got UberTwitter and FaceBook apps on the device as well. What is causing this resetting? It happens 3 or 4 times a day and it's driving me crazy.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Resetting itself
cosis1

Same thing happened with my Blackberry 8330. After I just received it started rebooting at random times. Especially when running prorgrams. Eventually I called Verizon and they sent me a new phone. The new phone does not reboot itself like the old one did.

0 Likes
coclouse

I have had the same problem with 2 of my Storm 2's.  Call *611 and they will have you do a "back to factory" reset.  If that doesn't help, call them back and they will send you a new phone.  That's what they did with me anyway.  it's funny because they told me that it wasn't a known problem for the Storm2....  It makes me feel a little better knowing that it wasn't just me!!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

In reading the problem presented here I note that it has happened to users on two different Blackberry devices.  That would lead me to believe it to be a software problem and not a hardware problem causing the random resets.  I did notice over on CNet.com, Bonnie Cha, who tests Smartphones and gives her opinions in an online presentation called First Look, had a problem with a Storm2 resetting itself a couple of times but only when she was using the Bing app.  I wonder if that could be causing some problem?  I know that by now, almost all Blackberry devices have had the Bing icon pushed to their devices.  I have the icon on mine but I have not installed the app.  Have either of you pressed the icon and installed the Bing app?  If so, that could be a source of the resets.  Just throwing out some ideas.  Let me know.

Doc

0 Likes
coclouse

Hey Doc,

I also saw the review and thought that Bing may be the problem, however I did not install the Bing application on my second one and still had random reboots.  As far as the Apps go, the only ones that OlgaLuz and I have in common would be Facebook.... as far as I can tell. And if it were a FB issue there would be a lot more people P.O.'d at their phones!!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

coclouse wrote:

Hey Doc,

I also saw the review and thought that Bing may be the problem, however I did not install the Bing application on my second one and still had random reboots.  As far as the Apps go, the only ones that OlgaLuz and I have in common would be Facebook.... as far as I can tell. And if it were a FB issue there would be a lot more people P.O.'d at their phones!!

I agree with you on that.  It is strange that you see that on a Storm2 and a Curve.  One runs 5.0 OS and the other 4.5 OS.  It can't be the OS causing the problem.  It has to be an app.  My only suggestion for now would be to perhaps delete Facebook and run your device for a day or two and see if it still resets.  If it does, then FB was probably not the problem.  Either that or delete FB and reinstall it. 

I had my Tour reset it self a couple of times one day after recently upgrading the OS.  I found the problem to be Google Sync.  I disabled the Sync feature and have not had the problem since.

Doc

0 Likes
LShimmy7

My enV Touch used Bing and it reset itself about 5 times a day. Software upgrade fixed it, though. It never happened after the upgrade...It's funny how these things never happened to the pay-as-you-go Virgin Mobile phones I paid $19.99 for:smileyhappy: Even my LG Chocolate 3 never did anything confounding. My old Motorola (q9m?) and the enV Touch did bizarre things. Sometimes I think it's cosmic punishment for owning a phone that can do everything short of chew our food for us:smileyhappy: Simple phones that do the traditional "phone" thing and little else are the reliable ones...I'm gonna go play with my Blackberry now-lol.

Shimmy.

0 Likes