Re: BlackBerry Passport on BlackBerry Store
RonBoyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I, too, will switch to AT&T when my "Contract" expires in a couple months if the Passport is not a Verizon option at that time.

SRL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep... After 15+ years with Verizon, if Verizon does not have the phone I want when my contract is up will have to take my business where I can get the phone I want.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bloren3433 We completely understand wanting the latest devices. Although we don't have any information about whether we will carry the Passport, our hopes are that we can help you find a phone from our smartphone line up that meets your needs http://bit.ly/nD0WuY  What specific features or specs are you looking for?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

jinxs1591
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm just want to know ahead of time is Verizon moving away from Blackberry and will just offer IPhones and Android's Devices? Because When I joined Verizon I asked will you always supported the latest and greatest Blackberry devices and I was assure that Verizon and blackberry had a very strong relationship and growth would continue with new offering from blackberry.

ummie4
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think users here want a phone with a large screen, with a great physical keyboard. (I am personally sooo over typing on glass) An innovative feature such as the touch capacitive keyboard. But most of all a phone that is build for productivity, not some portable advertisement billboard machine Android is or a bendy iphone. When someone chooses BlackBerry there is a piece of mind knowing that there information is safe and secure. 

0 Likes
tzumps
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm looking for a wide screen, physical keyboard, top notch security, memory expansion to 128.  What do you have for me?

RonBoyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

SheritaH_VZW
You're not listening. The "features/Specs" I am looking for can be found here
:
BlackBerry Passport – New BlackBerry Passport Smartphone - US

What are you offering to match that?

0 Likes
Frank_the_Lawyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I am very confused; I just received a text message right on my VERIZON Blackberry Z10 informing me that the Blackberry Passport is available.  If I follow the link(s), I guess to the official Blackberry store, and spend over $500 ++, will the device work, or just be an attractive paperweight?

0 Likes
ummie4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Frank, No the passport that is being sold on Shopblackberry.com and Amazon.com is not compatible with the Verizon network. Someone has already tried activating it on Verizon and it does not work. It was not expected to work because the band VZW uses for 3G is not on the phone. In 2016 when Verizon moves entirely to LTE than it will work. There is no way that text you got was from Verizon. I do not know where you signed up to get alerts maybe it came from BlackBerry?

0 Likes
rulethedroid
Contributor - Level 1

iI'm very disappointed that the Passport isn't coming to Verizon. I'll keep four lines on Verizon but move my line to at&t for this device. I used to need Verizon for coverage but the others have done a good job catching up and i now have LTE available at home and work from each of the big four.

0 Likes