Before I upgrade from 4.7 to 5.0 on the BES bound Tour ...
Berggy

PHONE: Verizon Tour 9630 OS4.7, Corporate BES 4.1, Company Owned Phone

PROBLEM: I REALLY want  the phone to ring when it is in it's holster.

PROBLEM: The company BES is 4.1 with NO plans to upgrade.

Question: Will the latest and greatest OS upgrade for the phone fix the ringing problem?

Question: Will there be an issue with the phone being upgraded with out upgrading the BES?

Question: If I do a thorough backup and all else fails can I restore back to 4.7?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Before I upgrade from 4.7 to 5.0 on the BES bound Tour ...
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

Question: Will the latest and greatest OS upgrade for the phone fix the ringing problem?

Answer: It should fix the issue and should be found under your profiles.

Question: Will there be an issue with the phone being upgraded with out upgrading the BES?

Answer: You will still be able to activate the phone on your BES but obviously there are a lot of features that will not work that take advantage of the the newer phones and the newest BES.  You could mention them about the free version of BESx that would let you take advantage of these features.

Question: If I do a thorough backup and all else fails can I restore back to 4.7?

You can restore your phone if you would like.  Here is some information from another post to help you get started if need be. http://community.vzw.com/t5/BlackBerry-Devices/Tour-4-7-1-61-Downgrade-File/m-p/182860

0 Likes