Backup Assistant on Blackberry?
Gb755c
Does anyone know how to get the Backup Assistant on the Storm?  I can only find directions for installing on Get It Now and Media Center enabled devices.  If this can't be done does anyone know any good apps that will do the same or similar function?  I found one in AppWorld called SugarSync but I don't like the idea of paying a monthly fee for something I'm only going to use to do an inital backup of contacts and to keep the list updated as I add or delete them and when it comes time for me to upgrade to a new phone download them to the new phone of course.  Thanks in Advance. 
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant on Blackberry?
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1

You aren't able to use Backup Assistant on BlackBerry devices.  Try taking your old phone into a store and see if they can transfer your contacts to your BlackBerry.  Then download BBDM to your computer and transfer the contacts to your Outlook (or other compatible sync program).  That way you will have them on your computer and if something happens to your phone you can transfer the contacts back to your Berry.  This way you want have to pay for a monthly subscription to back-up or sync your contact information, etc. from/to your phone.

P.S. BBDM won't work with a MAC.

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant on Blackberry?
Gb755c
Yeah my friend's fiance had that problem he found that out the HARD way he had a storm and returned it ended up leaving Verizon for an iPhone but for all MAC users just either bootcamp your MAC or get Parallels Desktop or VM Ware Fusion and a copy of XP or later and you'll be good to go with BBDM. 
0 Likes