BOLD 9650
aschemitz92

Will verizon fix my blackberry bold 9650 if i bring the phone and replacement parts to the store?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BOLD 9650
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's hard to say . . . what exactly needs fixing?  What parts do you have?

If it's a corporate store and there is a tech department, they MAY help you out...

0 Likes
aschemitz92

Its the track pad and the keyboard

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

As I said, a store with a tech department may help you out - but they will likely charge labor.  Do you have a "techy" friend who can do the replacement for you?  If you'd rather have a store do it, then all you can do is ask if they are willing to do it for you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hi, aschemitz92!

I'm sorry to learn there are issues with your Blackberry device. Research In Motion (RIM) does not authorize us to repair the devices with replacement parts. If there are mechanical issues, we are able to replace the entire device under the manufacturer warranty. Let me know what has happened to the phone so I can better assist with your situation.

Thank you!
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
aschemitz92

I took the phone into the store, and it is not under warranty anymore, nor does my insurance cover it. The trackpad doesn't scroll and is very difficult to select, and i am missing the 'back' key directly to the right of the trackpad. I have a new replacement trackpad and keyboard, I just can't seem to unscrew the little screws in back of the phone to attempt fixing it. Thanks.

0 Likes
spaceduckie
Contributor - Level 1

don't try to remove the back screws if you do not have the exact screw driver to open the phone. The screws used on most small electronics, are chosen because they prevent people with out the correct tools from accessing the internal components.

If you send me a PM on here, I can assist with fixing your phone.

0 Likes