BLACKBERRY.NET DATA USAGE AND PHONE BILL
sm2010

I use vzw.blackberry.net as my primary email.  I am a personal new user and am curious as to what is going to show up on my bill.  Specifically, will the date and time sent of all emails using this email account show up on my bill?  I was under the impressions just the data usage would show but have been told date and time will also show.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BLACKBERRY.NET DATA USAGE AND PHONE BILL
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I just looked at my bill, and there is nothing about email on there. My bill simply lists minutes used, # of texts, and data usage. Email  use would fall under data used, but I suppose you can set up your bill to include more details. Are you wondering what your employer or significant other can see?

0 Likes
sm2010

Yes, that is what I am curious about.  Do you retrieve your invoice on line?  When you look at bill details under data details,what exactly does it show?

Thanks!!!

0 Likes
sm2010

Also, with texting, does it show the number that the text was sent to and the date and time?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

sm2010 wrote:

Also, with texting, does it show the number that the text was sent to and the date and time?

For text messages on your bill, you will see what numbers were messaged and what phone numbers messaged the phone. The date and time will be next to each section yes.

0 Likes
bb-gismo
Contributor - Level 1

A lot depends on how the corprate billing is set up , some may want detailed billing , some may not.

If your corp is the former I believe I would stop what ever your doing , and fast. Corp can and will request a lot of detailed info if they smell a rat.

If your not on a corp account , at least slow down , to many calls or messages to one number is a dead giveaway. Dont even ask how I know this. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I looked at my bill online, and if you go through a few layers, you can view details, such as all calls and texts show the number and time sent or received.

As far as email and Messenger, those are data, which only shows up under the date and kilobytes used. I could not find any details on these.

I really don't think an employer would have the time to snoop through all this. But like the above poster said, the fewer the red flags, the better, I suppose.

Good luck!

0 Likes
sm2010

I am specifically concerned about emails only.  I am being told by someone that on the verizon bill (personal) you can see the data usage KB/MB AND the date and times emails are sent and received.  Have you ever heard of this?  People at verizon are telling me it's impossible.

0 Likes