BBZ30 Deteriorating call quality on Verizon network
z30user

I bought a BBZ30 from Verizon in 2013 for its strong antenna and call quality.  Recently, the call quality of my phone has greatly declined; calls are usually dropped, outgoing calls cannot connect to the network, calls mysteriously show up later on voice mail, audio both ways gets garbled. At first Verizon said the problem was with my phone, but when I traveled in Canada where the phone switched over from CDMA to GSM quality was back to excellent, as it was when I traveled to another part of the United States. Verizon then sent me a Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender 2, that my phone was not able to connect to. Verizon said that the problem was that the signal from the towers to the network extender was too weak. However, I have read that HD Voice is needed to connect to the extender....I have read that the Z30 has this but that it must be supported by Verizon. Verizon then told me that most of the signal towers around me now require HD Voice, and that change is why my call quality is so poor and that I can only get signal from far away towers. Can anyone help me with whether the problem can be fixed with the BBZ30 with regard to HD Voice, and the network extender, or whether I need to throw in the towel trying to use a BB10 operating system on Verizon?  The BB10 operating system will not connect to my wifi to enhance calls. Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BBZ30 Deteriorating call quality on Verizon network
boringusername
Master - Level 1

you'll need a new device. Consider yourself lucky to have phone that lasted 5 years. I'm pretty sure that phone does neither HD calling or wi-fi calling. In many areas newer Verizon towers do not have CDMA and older towers where the CDMA equipment has failed it's not being replaced. Or the CDMA spectrum is being converted over to LTE thus leaving less spectrum for CDMA calls,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

you'll need a new device. Consider yourself lucky to have phone that lasted 5 years. I'm pretty sure that phone does neither HD calling or wi-fi calling. In many areas newer Verizon towers do not have CDMA and older towers where the CDMA equipment has failed it's not being replaced. Or the CDMA spectrum is being converted over to LTE thus leaving less spectrum for CDMA calls,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Z30user, thank you for inquiring about the signal diminishing on the BBZ30. I apologize about your recent experiences with the processing of the signal. The information given in our forum is correct. We are in the process of changing over the signal from CDMA to LTE and eventually 5G. Some devices will need to be upgraded to have the exceptional services you are used to having. I'd be happy to help you with selecting a new device. Please click http://spr.ly/6585DNEvR to view device options. Please tell me your thoughts.

Veronica_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes