Re: BB10 OS Update 10.0.10.85 - When will it be released
Rumley80
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to the rep I spoke with this morning Verizon wanted to be sure that the release was stable and bug-free.  There may be some merit to that.  I know that one of the releases that T-Mobil had caused a horrific battery drain problem.  And there were some other issues with another of their releases.  Again, we shall see.....

0 Likes
pkcable
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can find many version of 10.1 out there just google BlackBerry 10 OS 10.1 autoloader

Most of us are using either 2354 or 4543.  The supposed coming Verizon release (according to this http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/blackberry-z10.pdf) will only be 2050.

0 Likes
DEMON_COFFEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

My issue isnt with phone malfunctions its with the interminable wait time for the OS update to be released.  By NOT having the OS update many apps are unable to be updated on the phone since the updates issued are built to the 10.1 (or now even the 10.2) OS.  Unlike computer programs which usually are written to support an older OS, most Phone apps are geared to the latest OS available  (check any dev kit and you'll see what I mean) . Thus by VZW not releasing the update in a timely fashion  it impacts the user in a greater manner.  Its also by this action that any possible consumer are given the impression that the phone itself is no where nearly as good as it's competition so you are also doing the manufacturer a MAJOR disservice. These very factors create customer dissatisfaction across the board. As I said I left another carrier due to the same attitude  I know how good the phone can be but it can't be without carrier supportt. THAT is the issue we are trying to bring to VZW's attention to seemingly no avail

mzblues
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are correct that Verizon is personally killing this phone's reputation.

There are frustrated people posting all over the web all their problems and/or how much they hate their Z10.

I myself don't even have email or attachments working, so this delay really sucks.

BTW: Verizon has had the 10.1 update since the end of May, so if they are saying "a few more Weeks" that really is bad.

First of all, other carriers have released it, so their excuse that "they are testing it to make sure that it works properly and has no bugs" is BS.

Not to mention that the Q10 shipped with 10.1 and it works on Version's system.

How's about they just release it so that we get all the bug fixes and features, and then spend their time working on getting 10.2 out in a timely fashion.

No one cares if it is perfect, we just want what's available today, which is much better than nothing!!

Reese81
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the worst verizon should be ashamed that this OS update is not out yet.  Why post instructions on how to get an updare that isn't even out yet.  Is the object there to throw users a bone and make us happy with the old "coming soon" sticker??  NO, that just makes me mad, release 10.1 already.

Hirotsune
Enthusiast - Level 3

I completely agree! Embarrassing! Frustrating! Annoying!  

0 Likes
hester22

I am also very curious as to the release of the update.  It is supposed to fix the constant reboot issue.  I don't really want to exchange the phone for a software issue.  That happened with my last BB 9930 Bold, returned because it went into brick mode continually, and the phone they sent not only did that but the keyboard flashed on and off when attempting to text.  So I upgraded to the Z10, and now this issue.  I really don't need this added headache.  Customer service reps are useless.

0 Likes
Hirotsune
Enthusiast - Level 3

10.1.0.2039 installing now!  Not to sound ungrateful but, I don't understand the secrecy about this update? It really makes the Customer Support Staff seem like they are completely aloof. I'd be pretty upset if I was a VZW CS staff and left in the dark and unable to truly help the people that help pay for their services. I could go on but I'm just going to see how this update goes.

0 Likes