Re: BB10 OS Update 10.0.10.85 - When will it be released
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DEMON_COFFEE,

I definitely want you to have a working phone.

Is the phone freezing up when accessing certain apps or functions on the phone?

Try rebooting the battery for a minute when this happens and retest. Keep me posted.

John_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kauri123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Always the same with VZ.  The firm, the salespeople, no one cares about BlackBerry.  Many of the newest and most anticipated Apps won't work without the 10.1 OS.   As usual, we don't get it.   After 15 years, I am settled.  This is my last device on VZ.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do care, kauri123. And we certainly don't want to see anyone go anywhere else. We are working hard with the manufacturer, Research In Motion, to get all of our fantastic Blackberry customers the latest and greatest updates. I don't have a date, but http://vz.to/XhdBF1 will be updated when the Z10 gets the next release.

Jennifer_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Rumley80
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, the "next release" is 10.2.x as I understand it.  And that is going to be sometime this fall (Sept or Oct)?   No 10.1.x in the meanwhile?

Would this be correct?

0 Likes
goinlong
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is incorrect. I have been in discussions with BB support and they said 10.1 is in Verizons hands and has been for some time now. The z10 is currently shipping with 10.1. Verizon does not care once you are locked into a contract. I have been with you guys for well over a decade but will be leaving VERY soon regardless of contract if this is not fixed soon. All other carriers have already released it.

0 Likes
goinlong
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have already contacted an attorney to help me get out of my VZW contract. I have been with them for over 10 years and it just gets worse.

0 Likes
ExiledCanadian
Enthusiast - Level 2

My understanding is that the software was released to VZW for testing but Verizon sent it back to BlackBerry to get some things fixed and it's just going back and forth now. So they are both saying the truth but not being honest about what it means: BlackBerry says they released the update to VZW a long time ago but Verizon says that it's in BlackBerry hands since the OS is not ready.

0 Likes
Rumley80
Enthusiast - Level 3

goinlong -- "That is incorrect. I have been in discussions with BB support and they  said 10.1 is in Verizons hands and has been for some time now. The z10  is currently shipping with 10.1."

Yes, I know 10.1.x is the current version (just not on our phones).  I have talked to both Blackberry and Verizon and (see a few posts up) had mentioned the blame game being played regarding why we didn't have 10.1.x.  The reason that I was responding to the Verizon support person's posting the way I did is because she specifically said there would be a Z10 update with the "next" release.  "Next" to me at this point would be 10.2.x.

On a side note, fwiw, I know a few people that have loaded T-Mobile's release (10.1.0.2006 I believe it is) on their non_T-Mobile phones and find it stable and works well.  I would try it, but, I just got the phone and don't want to take a chance on bricking it.  

0 Likes
Rumley80
Enthusiast - Level 3

So maybe some good news an the horizon.  I was in my local store this morning and talked to one of the reps about a non-related issue and just for good measure asked about updates for the Zed.  Surprisingly, he said that Verizon told them on Friday that a new release (10.1.x?) would be out in two to three weeks.  We shall see......

0 Likes
Hirotsune
Enthusiast - Level 3

A friend of mine just said AT&T just sent out their updates this morning. I wonder what the holdup is with VZW?

0 Likes