Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
BB vs. Smartphones
rsk

I'm looking for my next phone & am looking at smart phones.  Can someone explain a few things to me?

The biggest thing I want is to be able to take my calendar with me, and to have it automatically update with my computer.   I'm also looking for email & text capability. 

First, what is the difference between a BlackBerry and a generic 'Smart Phone'?  Does BB do somethings better? or worse?  What makes them their own category?

Secondly, what is the difference in Verizon's Data plans?  If the $30 plan is unlimited, what does the $45 plan do extra?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB vs. Smartphones
SaNDman
Contributor

I will try to explain, since this is my first Blackberry. I don't know about other "generic smartphones," but my Storm can do email, and texting and I love it! But I don't know about automatic updates to phones calender with computer because I hardly use it. I enjoy Storm because of the Media!  I will answer the second question now,  Not to be confused with texting or mms, they are part of another "bundle."  This "data plan" is "required" on all Blackberry phones:  The $29.99 is Blackberry Internet Service and it is for personal email, web browser, chat and it is "unlimited," means you can do all these things as long as you want. $45.00 is Blackberry Enterprise Server, which is used to hook up your Blackberry phone to your employer's email, and  internet account, it suppose to be "unlimited.":smileywink:

0 Likes