BB Tour while traveling - charges.
LP4422

I plan to only use the BB Tour global data plan (additional $34) while traveling in South America. I don't want to incur in roaming charges so I will turn text off before I leave. If I send emails to 111-111-1111@vtext.com or any other carrier would those be considered texts or emails? I would think emails, but the VZ tech on the phone said otherwise, not sure if she was confused. Also, can I ask my friends to email me (not txt) at my num@vtext.com and I shld get them right?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB Tour while traveling - charges.
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

If you send an email to 5555555555@vtext.com it will leave your phone as an email and go to your friend's phone as a text message. In this case you won't incurr any additional charges as it's covered under the data plan.

BUT...if your friend sends an email to your number@vtext.com it will come to your phone as a text message.If you do not block text messages while you're going it'll be an additional cost for you. If you block text messages you won't get them.

Either just use your email address. Or you can send an email to number@vtext.com and your friend's can reply via text to your email address...this will come through as an email not a text.

Test things out before your leave. If it shows up in your SMS folder, it's a text. If it shows up in your email, it's an email.

0 Likes