BB Tour texting, anyone having the same problem?
jelique7

My BB Tour was great when I first got the phone but once it started doing the updates it started not working right. I am on my 3rd Tour and I still have the same problem. When I text, after I hit  "send" the last letter that I type pops into the reply space and sometimes its not even in English, or it will pop up as a symbol. I have spent hours on the phone with Verizon  techs and no one can help me. Finally the VZW employee said there is nothing he can do to fix it and they will not give me a different phone. This is one of the many problems I have but is anyone else experiencing this frustration?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: BB Tour texting, anyone having the same problem?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your problem.  What is the current OS you are running on your Tour?  You can check by going to Options>About and it will be there. 

Doc

0 Likes
jelique7

Are you talking about the phones version? It is the latest software, I constantly check it in hopes that the next software update will fix my problems. The version I have is 5.0.0.732

I also went into the store and one of the employees had me try texting on their sample Tour and it did the same thing. They said they have never seen that problem before but if their in-store sample phone does it then I'm sure I am not the only one. My internet is also slower than dirt and does not work most of the time.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I have not heard of this problem with the Tour, but I will check around the internet and with some people that I know to see if I can find a solution to your texting problem.  Also, as far as the speed of the internet, you could try a battery pull to refresh your memory.  If your device falls below around 10-13 mb of free space, it can affect how fast your device can process apps, especially your browser.  If you have not a lot of free space on your device, then you might consider removing a few apps to speed things up.  But, I will check around on your problem with the texting and I will get back to you here.

Doc

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I have been searching for an answer for you, but have not been able to find anyone else with the same exact problem.  I am just guessing, but, without actually having your device in hand to work with, try a few things.  I am thinking it might be a problem with autotext.  Go into your messages folder and press the menu key.  Go to options.  Look for text messaging options and make sure the Data Coding is set for Ascii.  Also, place a check by Disable autotext.  Save and exit.  Try your text messaging again and see if it works.  You can send a text to yourself. 

Another thing I was thinking about is texting apps.  Are you using a texting program or application other than the messaging that come with your Blackberry from the factory?  If so, that might be the problem.  Also, any filters you have going might interfere.  Like I said, I am only guessing without having your device in hand.

If you keep having problems, I suggest wiping your device and reinstalling your Blackberry device's Operating System.  Sometimes a clean install will solve any software issues.  I hope some of this might help.

Doc

0 Likes