Anything else I should get for a Blackberry?
Jassy570
Ok so when I get my Blackberry I'm planning  on getting the $30 Data Plan, $20 for texting and Insurance. But is there anything else I need for the Blackberry or is that it. 
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anything else I should get for a Blackberry?
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

Jassy570 wrote:
Are the screen protectors good. Say if I took it off my screen will it leave like residue or anything on my phone.
Message Edited by Jassy570 on 08-21-2009 09:09 AM

The pack of 3 screen protectors I bought from VZW for $9.99 have worked just fine for me.  I'm still on my first one since I bought my Storm back in April with no problems to speak of. 

As for other accessories, car charger is a must if you're a heavy user.  Also, a bluetooth headset is very handy, especially in states with cellphone/driving laws.  I highly recommend the Jawbone by Aliph.  They are sold through VZW for $100 and some change; military grade noise cancelling technology, fashionable, and light on the ear.

Message Edited by LOWFLYER on 08-21-2009 10:30 AM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cgbb
Enthusiast - Level 3

Payment wise you should be good to go (Monthly min plan/data plan/texting/insurance)

Then- there are the accessories you might want to get:

protective case/extra battery/screen protector/etc...

0 Likes
Jassy570
Are the screen protectors good. Say if I took it off my screen will it leave like residue or anything on my phone.
0 Likes
ever1ast

Cant speak for all the screen protectors, but I've tried a few brands and never had a residue left over. Just make sure when you apply it, the screen is absolutely clean. I use a little alcohol and a lint free microfiber cloth before applying mine to be sure. Otherwise you'll end up with bubbles and dirt under the film which will look like hell and also end up scratching the screen. There are a number of brands of cases out there depending on how rough you are on your devices.

One other thing to add after you get your Blackberry, get Blackberry's App world. Tons of free useful apps in there.

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

Jassy570 wrote:

The pack of 3 screen protectors I bought from VZW for $9.99 have worked just fine for me.  I'm still on my first one since I bought my Storm back in April with no problems to speak of. 

As for other accessories, car charger is a must if you're a heavy user.  Also, a bluetooth headset is very handy, especially in states with cellphone/driving laws.  I highly recommend the Jawbone by Aliph.  They are sold through VZW for $100 and some change; military grade noise cancelling technology, fashionable, and light on the ear.

Message Edited by LOWFLYER on 08-21-2009 10:30 AM
0 Likes
Jassy570
What's the lowest price for a car charger and bluetooth? I'm trying to get as many questions down so I know what to get and start getting the $ together.
0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

Jassy570 wrote:
What's the lowest price for a car charger and bluetooth? I'm trying to get as many questions down so I know what to get and start getting the $ together.

VZW carries car chargers usually for around $20 or they'll give you some sort of package deal that includes the car charger, screen protectors, and a case for usually <$50.  Blue tooths range anywhere from $20 (el cheapo) to $100+ for a Jawbone like I have.  Any middle of the road motorola or plantronics bluetooth headset for $40-70 would probably be fine.  In the end, a case, car charger, and screen protectors are you essential items to purchase, everything else can be bought afterward.  Seek out crackberry.com for all kinds of different accessories for these amazing phones.

If a member answers your question, solves an issue, and/or helps you in any way that becomes beneficial....by all means hook em up with some Kudos!! Or mark the thread solved and give Kudos!!

0 Likes