Anyone try the MAPS after the 9630 5.0.0.591 UPDATE
djremixed
Enthusiast - Level 1

MYself and my boss now cannot get the map to even full up a lookup of an address or even the world map when the program first opens. Can anyone confirm this. I have check with two other STORM2 devices and they work. All phones are setup on our BES server. About to call Verison and BB tier 2 support and raise hell!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anyone try the MAPS after the 9630 5.0.0.591 UPDATE
djremixed
Enthusiast - Level 1

Another update!!!. I got it working by changing in the Options in MAPS

MAP DISPLAY LANGUAGE = CHANGE from International to English.

Then i had to pull the battery out of the phone, then i finally got the KB counting and the world view to show up

WOOHOO!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

What mapping application? Google Maps, Blackberry Maps?

Both are working fine on my Tour after the update.

Have you tried simple stuff like pulling the battery? Are you able to make other data connections; web, email other applications? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application?

Why raise hell? They're going to be less inclined to actually help you if you're complaining and screaming at them. No need to raise hell. It's not like they are purposely preventing you from using the application. It's just a minor glitch. So calm down and try some basic troubleshooting.

0 Likes
djremixed
Enthusiast - Level 1

Another update!!!. I got it working by changing in the Options in MAPS

MAP DISPLAY LANGUAGE = CHANGE from International to English.

Then i had to pull the battery out of the phone, then i finally got the KB counting and the world view to show up

WOOHOO!

0 Likes