Am on a trip...clock time not changing
HelenC
We left AZ crossed into NM, and then to central time zone.  Time on my BlueBerry Silver never changed.  I went in and changed it manually in New Mexico and the time changed.  When we went from mountain time to central time....it didn't change.  Manually again changed it.  Is it the phone...Verizon....?  Help please.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Am on a trip...clock time not changing
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
Its blackberry actually. You have to change it manually.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
Its blackberry actually. You have to change it manually.
0 Likes
HelenC

Phooey!  All the things this phone can do....and Verizon can't set it so it changes time zones.  My DH has one of the most basic phone...and his turned over every time line we crossed.   Oh well!   Thanks so much for the information.

Don't know how to do the kudos!  Sorry

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

Actually, I think RIM would have to set it to change, not Verizon.

0 Likes
MicheleMT
I was recently on a trip that covered 5 States, and two time zones. I find it ridiculous  and unacceptable that the Blackberry can do everything but change time when you enter different time zones. I shouldn't have to manually set the time each time I enter a new time zone. That's ancient stuff. Something is wrong with that picture.  :smileysad:
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Yeah, it doesn't have anything to do with Verizon. It's just one of those glaring bits of code RIM never put in and hasn't bothered to fix. Shame.
0 Likes
MicheleMT
I'm not sure what RIM is, but yes, definately--it's a shame. I'm sure for those people that travel a lot, it will be a deciding factor in whether they actually want a Curve or not. :smileyindifferent:
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

You should know who RIM is. They're the makers of your beloved Blackberry phone. Research In Motion is headquarted in Waterloo, Ontario Canada. They develop the Blackberry Operating system and the hardware themselves. Verizon, or any other carrier for that matter, doesn't have much to do with the OS itself. All they can do is approve/deny updates and wait for RIM to fix it.

Here. Educate yourself.`:smileytongue:

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

Timex, anyone?  LOL!

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

I'm more of a Rolex fan myself. :smileywink:  

0 Likes