want an opinion
tsuli2006
all right...  I have read all of the forums for and against.  Curve or Storm???  which one....  moderately tech savy, but 1st device.  I want to hear good and bad. 
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: want an opinion
mnwildfan2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is right up my alley, and lucky for you, I happen to not be real busy at the moment. I started with the Pearl quite a while ago, upgraded to the Curve, then to the Storm.......... and back to the Curve. I love my Blackberry and I can seriously say its hands down the best productivity device you can put in your hands. Now my reasoning for the above...

1. Not a huge fan of the full touch screen. I think actual keys are more responsive.

2. I think the Curve is more stable. The Storm has a little ways to go in terms of software.

3. Battery life on the Curve, I feel is superior to the Storm.

4. Camera lag on the Storm is horrendous.

5. Too many apps running on the Storm will freeze device.

There are plenty more but these were ones that came up right away. I would also check www.phonescoop.com and read all of the reviews and forums there as well. Another VERY helpful site is www.crackberry.com the members here will find EVERY LITTLE flaw and feature available on any blackberry.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mnwildfan2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is right up my alley, and lucky for you, I happen to not be real busy at the moment. I started with the Pearl quite a while ago, upgraded to the Curve, then to the Storm.......... and back to the Curve. I love my Blackberry and I can seriously say its hands down the best productivity device you can put in your hands. Now my reasoning for the above...

1. Not a huge fan of the full touch screen. I think actual keys are more responsive.

2. I think the Curve is more stable. The Storm has a little ways to go in terms of software.

3. Battery life on the Curve, I feel is superior to the Storm.

4. Camera lag on the Storm is horrendous.

5. Too many apps running on the Storm will freeze device.

There are plenty more but these were ones that came up right away. I would also check www.phonescoop.com and read all of the reviews and forums there as well. Another VERY helpful site is www.crackberry.com the members here will find EVERY LITTLE flaw and feature available on any blackberry.

0 Likes
mnwildfan2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you want to get real sneaky. Wait for the BB Niagara, expected launch of May 2009... Smiley Happy

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Verizon-carrier-c_17_3.html

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3
That would be my advice as well.   The new Niagara 9630 may well be just what you're looking for if you like the curve and a qwerty keyboard.    Release is scheduled for May (providing nothing goes wrong).   If you truly must have a touch screen BB wait for the RIM "Pluto" or the RIM "Storm II"  but wait to see how either pans out before you leap into either of them.    I had the originial Storm but finally unloaded it.    I'll be picking up the new Niagara myself as will a lot of other people.
0 Likes
tsuli2006
thanks....  that has helped make my mind up.  I agree more after looking at both in a local communication store today.  all have issues I know but like MSoft BBerry will leave it up to the users to straighten out the kinks....
0 Likes
Dayron

I have a Storm.  It is a piece of crap.   Constantly lags.   I am a reporter and often have to make urgent calls for my job.   Way too often, I cannot make a call or send a text message because the Storm is processing something.   Little clock goes round and round while the competition beats my **bleep**.   Maybe it would be a good paperweight.   But as a modern communication device, it sucks.   don't waste your money on this thing.

0 Likes