pictures
ppersico

When I take pictures I can not save any.  Other discussions say buy a media card but I have the Verizon which does not require or have space for a media card.  Is there another way?

0 Likes
Re: pictures
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model Curve do you have?  Most (that I am aware of, at least) have the capability to install a micro SD card - and even without the SD card, you should be able to save *some* pix to the internal memory.  If they are on the internal phone memory you can send them to your online album, or to your email to save to your computer.

There has to be some way to save the pix you take - otherwise, what would be the point of having the camera?  Do you get an error when you take the pic?  What are the options you are given?

0 Likes
ppersico

I have a 8330.  I have about a dozen pictures on there which I do send to my email so I can delete them but even when I delete them I still get the message that the memory is full.  I have looked throughout the device and can not find where a memory card would be placed.  The information booklet I received when I purchased it was not very helpful.  I can take the pic it just tells me I can't save do to lack of memory.  I also tried to get in to increase the internal memory and can not find where to access that, if in fact I can even do that.  This is the first phone I have purchased that I had some difficulty figuring out.  It is not very clear cut.  Thanks for your help SuzyQ.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

On the 8330, you have to remove the battery to find the media card slot. If it's the same as on an Alltel 8330, the card slides into that silver piece, then you press it flat and slide the silver piece sideways to secure it. Then with the camera app open, click on the menu key, then choose Options. Scroll down to the Store Pictures section and choose On Media Card.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

To address your other questions, you cannot increase internal memory. You can only add a media card and save your pics and music there to free up internal memory. If you start having issues with low-memory, which can cause freezes and a spinning hourglass, you may have to delete some apps.

To move the photos on your device to the memory card, open each photo and use the menu key to move it.