help!!!
smyllevince

I'm planning to buy a blackberry curve 8530  in ebay. but how will i know if i can use it on my verizon plan? this is what im gonna buy

BlackBerry Curve 8530 - Smoky violet (Verizon) Smartphone.

i want to know if i can use it to my verizon plan. thanks.

0 Likes
Re: help!!!
detroitjames
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nobody here would have any way to tell you for sure. Activating a BlackBerry would require you to maintain a data package, so if you already have one, it wouldn't affect your plan. I would suggest contacting Verizon before you buy the phone on eBay though, to ensure it hasn't been reported as lost or stolen. If it ever had an insurance claim filed against it, it cannot be activated. Find out what the MEID number of the device is before you buy it, then contact Verizon to ensure it is free and clear to be activated.

0 Likes
Re: help!!!
Not applicable

Smyllevince, this is a Verizon Wireless phone, so as long as the device is not active on another account or reported as lost or stolen, then you should be able to activate it. This phone will require a data plan of $29.99 or higher (or if you currently have a promotional data plan on a smartphone).

If the seller does give you the MEID of the device to verify it has not been lost or stolen, you can check that here also.

Let me know if you need additional assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes