camera problem...darn frustrating
pandora2012

when i try to use my camera i get msg: could not start the camera. close other applications and try opening the camera again? i dont believe i have other applications open at least not to my knowledge. blackberry is complicated!

0 Likes
Re: camera problem...darn frustrating
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hey there pandora2012! Sorry that you haven't been able to use the camera on your Curve. I haven't seen this occur on that model. You mentioned being a bit uneasy with the Curve's complexities so I've got a couple of easy steps you can try to resolve this matter. Typically, when a device like the Curve instructs the user to close other applications, its saying that it doesn't have sufficient memory available to launch or run a new application. If you're not seeing anything running, it's possible to disable them by going into Options of the phone's menu (since I'm uncertain which version of the Curve you have, I'll have to hold off any specific instructions because the path you take varies among the four different versions of the Curve that Verizon Wireless has sold). You can also try a soft reset by removing the battery from the back of the Curve for 30 seconds and then reattach to try again.

Let me know whether or not that works out for you. I'll be happy to help!

DionM

VZW Support

Follow Us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: camera problem...darn frustrating
pandora2012

thanks for the response. I have blackberry curve 9330 3G. just tried the removing of battery and that did not work either.

0 Likes