Upgrade Question....
Jaden539

I have a Blackberry Curve 8330. I absolutely hate this phone. I have had it for about 10 Months. (My Contract Will Be Exactly One Year Old On June,16). I am wanting to buy the another Voyager ( I had one but took it back for the Blackberry ). So, How much will the Voyager cost me? Is there any way I can extend my contract so I can buy the voyager at the two-year contract price (129.99)? Thanks Much.

*I'm a noob here so forgive me if I posted in the wrong place*lol

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Question....
pistonsfan88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well Honestly, you can only upgrade on your 20th month will verizon or you can upgrade now and pay the full retail price of the phone. I already asked a rep at the store if they would let me upgrade earlier then 20 months and she said no they cannot allow that. I know you would think customers who have been around with verizon more the 5 or 10 years they would let do that but don't. The only thing I can suggest is for you to look on ebay for the Lg Voyager. THey do sell them new and used and they are much cheaper then the actual verizon website. I ordered a motorola Krave on there and it came out much cheaper then the verizon website. Plus it's a brand new phone and works great!. 

There are some listings where people sell new phones on there or even used ones which have a bad esn # so you do have to be careful there. Otherwise that's your only other option then paying the high price outright on the verizon website. 

0 Likes
Super_Dave
Enthusiast - Level 1
It depends on a couple factors. On higher plans, you may be eligible for an annual upgrade after 12 months. You could always add a new line of service to get promotional pricing, and you can always pay full retail. It never hurts to call up customer service to see what you're eligible for.
0 Likes
DaniLove13
Contributor - Level 3

Super Dave wrote:
It depends on a couple factors. On higher plans, you may be eligible for an annual upgrade after 12 months. You could always add a new line of service to get promotional pricing, and you can always pay full retail. It never hurts to call up customer service to see what you're eligible for.

yup yup! ^_^

CS can also offer 1 year pricing for "lost/stolen/damaged" devices. Just another alternative to paying full retail...

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3
You can get an Annual Upgrade if you are registered for My Verizon . . . and on a calling plan of $49.99 or higher and have completed at least 1 year of a 2-year contract and agree to renew for an additional 2 years in order to get a new phone at a promotional price.
0 Likes
Not applicable
before you buy one on ebay, call cust service to check that the esn is not on a lost/stolen list
0 Likes
tamika1977

to upgrade your phone you can always contact your nearest retail location and inquire about pricing on new cell phones.

0 Likes
JuliaV19
How can I check to make sure the ESN is clean? What number can I call?
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Just call *611 from your VZW cell phone or 800-922-0204. Give the ESN and they'll be happy to look it up for you.
0 Likes