Re: Unlock the gps on all phones!!!
767pilot
agree. After doing the location enable thing my google maps started to work. It does seem to pre occupy the phone quite a bit when it is in the background so I don't use it a whole lot. Anyone else notice this?
0 Likes
MarkSQ

My Pearl doesn't have this "Location Aiding" feature... Does anyone know how to unlock the GPS on a Pearl 8130? There's an app called MobileTracker that I'd like to use, but it appears to be locked out. Or am I just **bleep** and being subjected Verizon's sketchy strategy of pressuring me to upgrade my phone?

I've had this Pearl for over a year--BB Maps started working when I upgraded to the 4.5 OS, but otherwise this intentionally crippled GPS feature has proven to be useless.
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

The storm is the only VZW phone where autonomous GPS has not been crippled. OS 4.5 gave all the berries GPS on BB maps with turn nav but its still locked to all 3rd party apps at this time. We will have to wait and see with the Pearl Flip announced today and 3 other new BB's coming in the next 6 months wether they are all locked or not.

0 Likes
Is using the GPS on bberry maps free?
raspberry

Can anyone help?..

I am familiar with using the map and gps on my bberry curve- love it, very helpful. But my husband just asked me, "Is that free?" Uh oh, I didn't have an answer!

Hope I haven't been racking up a bill because I've used that map to help navigate me across country!

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Is using the GPS on bberry maps free?
TWS
XtremeBerry is exactly right.  I'm returning my 8330 today or tomorrow before my 30 day period is up.  Can't bring myself to pay $10/month for VZ Navigator because Verizon is not allowing competitor's nav apps access to the internal GPS.
0 Likes
Re: Is using the GPS on bberry maps free?
kevinflynn

Blackberry maps and Google maps both work fine on my Storm and on my Curve 8330.

There is no charge for using these services. The GPS network is free and BIS is unlimited.

0 Likes