Screen Indicator
Bigaldoc

I searched this board for an answer and although I find a number "similar" mine is not here.

I've got a new Blackberry 8530 Curve and there's a screen indicator in the upper right area of the Home screen that I'd like to understand.  It's just under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi indicator and looks like a tiny circle with a crosshair in it.

Among all the similar questions I've read through here, surely there must be someplace where all these indicators are shown.

Can someone help dig me out of this simple question, please?  Thanks...

Big Al

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Screen Indicator
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, Al,

That is the indicator for GPS.  If it should look like a crosshair with )) next to it when active. 

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, Al,

That is the indicator for GPS.  If it should look like a crosshair with )) next to it when active. 

Doc

0 Likes
Bigaldoc

Thanks Doc!  Now I know what I need to check through the LONG menu structure.  BTW, where did you go to learn that answer?  I've seen a lot of posts similar to mine, they get answers like I did, but I can't recall seeing any links to a Vz or BB doc or whatever that might contain all such display gizmos.  Thanks again, one "doc" to another...:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I learned what most of the indicators are from making themes using Blackberry Theme Studio. 

Doc

0 Likes
Bigaldoc

Thanks again, Doc!  I'll have to check that out.  As you can tell, I'm a real newbie with BB, having used a Palm for many years.

0 Likes