No Reception
mparrish2

I love my Blackberry curve and it seems to work great and good good reception everywhere except my neighborhood and home.  How can I get receptions bars.  I have tried *228 to no avail.  My two sons have cell phones but not smartphones and they have the same problem.  Why do I not get reception in my neighborhood and home.  Very aggrevating.

0 Likes
Re: No Reception
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

mparrish2 wrote:

I love my Blackberry curve and it seems to work great and good good reception everywhere except my neighborhood and home.  How can I get receptions bars.  I have tried *228 to no avail.  My two sons have cell phones but not smartphones and they have the same problem.  Why do I not get reception in my neighborhood and home.  Very aggrevating.

Hey,

It is obvious if others are having the same problem, you all are not getting enough signal at home.  Are you inside and not getting a signal?  Can you get a signal outside?  Cell phone reception is not a guaranteed thing inside a house.  You probably do not live close enough to a tower.  This can be so, especially if you live in a rural area.  There is not much you can do if there is not a tower near your neighborhood.  You can call Verizon to check your address to see if service is in your area. 

If you are having difficulty only receiving a signal inside your home, you could try a signal booster.  There are devices you can buy with can repeat a signal from a cell tower to radiate around your home, but they are expensive.  Many businesses like hospitals use these repeaters for boosting signal inside a facility. 

Doc

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi,

I understand the importance of having operable service and can relate to your concern because I don't receive service in all parts of my house as well.  I would agree with StreetDocRN in advising we need to complete further troubleshooting and possibly a Network Extender, which enhances indoor coverage.  If you haven't had the opportunity to speak with out Technical Support Team please PM your wireless number.

Thank you for your contribution to our community forums,

0 Likes
brianfitz

I am having a similiar issue.  No service at my residence.  Anything that can be done to help?

0 Likes
jsherrod

>> private information removed; due to the age of the thread, it has been locked from further replies <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes