New Curve 8900
Prjr25
When will the new curve 8900 be available for VZ customers?!?!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Curve 8900
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

BoyGeniusReport.com has some good insider information on new equipment for all carriers.

The 8900 definitely will not be coming to VZW. We're getting something better.

"Niagra" is the code name, model # 9630. It's basically a cross between the Curve 8900 and the Bold.

Look for it 2Q sometime, word on the wire is May.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mretrade
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am wondering the same thing.  I need to purchase the Curve or the Bold as soon as one is released.

My Pearl just doesn't have the memory. 

0 Likes
zencyl
cant wait for the new ones to come out. Went and tried out a storm and i just couldnt use it. i gotta have the full keyboard i guess.
0 Likes
Winnins03
Enthusiast - Level 3
Keep checking VerizonWireless.com to see if a date has been set.  As far as I know, nothing has come up as of yet regarding release dates.  Even if an employee DID know the date, they would lose their job for telling you that information anyway.  Be patient, I'm sure it's coming!! :smileyvery-happy:
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

BoyGeniusReport.com has some good insider information on new equipment for all carriers.

The 8900 definitely will not be coming to VZW. We're getting something better.

"Niagra" is the code name, model # 9630. It's basically a cross between the Curve 8900 and the Bold.

Look for it 2Q sometime, word on the wire is May.

0 Likes
mretrade
Enthusiast - Level 3
nmchileman, I hope your right.  I've been looking for a used Curve, but maybe I'll wait a little longer.
0 Likes
EAP1985
Does anyone know what the niagara is going to look like? i wonder if its going to be worth the wait
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

The guys over at Crackberry.com have some good images and well as a two part initial review of the Niagra 9630.

It's a really nice looking piece of hardware. Check out the site.

0 Likes
Akakios

It looks almost identical to the Bold, but about the size of the Storm.

I'll be trading my Storm in for one...... and then trading that in for the new Storm, rumored to be out in the fall with WiFi and more!

0 Likes
kidcounzlr
yeah i peeped it on "phonearena.com".....its scheduled to come out in May! it does kinda have a "Blkberry Bold" appearance to it...i personally think the 8900 version of the curve is pretty sick...with the "Storm" look....! TMobile already has it...i looked at it and played with it...of course verizon's version of phones are always a bit better or diff than those that release prior...but it gives you and idea of what to expect...! either way...im excited!!!!!
0 Likes