Latest Curve 8330 OS
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

Could someone link me to the latest up to date 8330 OS .

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Latest Curve 8330 OS
hazex00110
0 Likes
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

It only says ver. 4.5 

There are many 4.5s. What are the other numbers, i.e. 4.5.x.xx  etc.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

The latest verison is 4.5.0.138.

Here is a discussion of the OS update that you should read before taking the plunge. :smileywink:

Also, if you connect your Curve to your PC and then open Blackberry Desktop Manager it will automatically do the update for you. It'll backup your data, wipe the handheld, install the OS and then restore your data.

Message Edited by nmchileman on 08-18-2009 11:09 AM
0 Likes
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1
Thanks for the link and the complete version number. I don't see anything earth shattering in this update. I believe in the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it".
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Yuup. That's why I said you should read the post before upgrading. It's nothing to swoon over. After a few days of having it on my Curve though it's running a little snappier, if that's worth anything. The only issue I'm having, as mentioned in the other thread, is that my backlight takes about 1-2 seconds to come on after going out. Negligable, perhaps, but when your brain processes things in gigaflops, 2 seconds can be extremely slow. :smileyvery-happy:
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
Oh you have backlight lag ..I have not had that issue with .138, it was an issue with .131but I thought it was fixed.
0 Likes