How do I restore phone contacts from Backup Assistant backups?
dave658
Enthusiast - Level 1

Something caused my contacts to revert to an older version.  I not able to find how to restore them from an earlier Backup Assistant backup.

Re: How do I restore phone contacts from Backup Assistant backups?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm super sorry to hear about your contacts, dave658! I'm commited to doing all I can to ensure that you're able to restore your contacts. The best option would be to view your contacts online at vzw.com and follow the instructions below:

1. Sign in to My Verizon.
2. Locate the I Want To... section.
3. Click More Actions.
4. In the MESSAGING column, select Manage My Contacts. The Backup Assistant Plus: Contacts page displays.
5. Click Sync to Phone. A confirmation message displays.
6. Click OK.

Let me know if this helps. Have a great day! ^CM

MudBone827
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would love to do this as well, but, can't get any further than the My Verizon page because I see no "Locate the I Want To... section", where is this located in the myriad of things on that page.

0 Likes
TACGorilla
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nice.... nobody replies to a very pertinent thread.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us about this post. Since the original answer was provided the web site has been updated. To access your backup now with us from Backup Assistant Plus/Verizon Cloud, you would first need to be on the Home page of your My Verizon account. Then follow these steps:

1. Hover over My Devices

2. Then click on My Cloud Media & Contacts

This will show you what has been backed up with us using Backup Assistant Plus/Verizon Cloud. You can manage what we have saved here and then click on our Sync with Phone icon which will be a small circle with arrows in it to have our web site send that information to your phone.
StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MudBone827
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry but TACGorilla is correct this WAS NEVER remedied and since then a myriad of new maladies now plague my phone, sorry to say, but, Verizon has been totally useless and unprofessional in the last 2 of 5 years with you guys and have just been waiting to finish paying for my phone so I can pull the plug on you guys and move on. GREAT CONNECTIVITY, extremely poor service/support.@

0 Likes