Re: High pitched sound/beep while on calls on BB Curve 8330
sproulwj

I'm also running .175, still having this problem.  (tried battery pulls, checked volume, don't use a case. )

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

sproulwj wrote:

I'm also running .175, still having this problem.  (tried battery pulls, checked volume, don't use a case. )

You need to downgrade to an earlier verison, such as 4.5.0.138.  If you need the file, I will send you a private message here in the forums for a download site.

Doc

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, all,

I have alerted the proper Verizon Wireless folks and made them aware of this problem.  I will keep you informed of any information that might be helpful to you.  For now, downgrading the OS from .175 to .138 or earlier will solve the problem.

Doc

0 Likes
tdwidner

I am happy to report that downgrading the os to .138 fixed my issue. No more sounds, squeals or beeps!

Thanks StreetDocRN and everyone

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Good to hear the problem was solved.  If anyone else has this problem on the 8330 and needs the .138 OS file to downgrade, I have it set up on a server for download.  Just give me a Private Message here in the forums and I will send you the download link.  Hopefully, RIM and VZW will have an upgrade that will fix this problem.

Doc

0 Likes
smgodwin

I would like the link but am new to this and don't know how to send a private message

0 Likes
michaelmunoz

sent a pm for the downgrade link. i hope you still have it. im at my wits end here. thank you

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Just to update...I sent Verizon a message concerning this latest update and asking if they could possibly give users a choice to download the previous OS that they had.  I have not heard anything from them.  I still have the file, so if anyone still needs it, just send me a private message here in the forums for the URL I set up for downloading the file.  If you do not know how to send a private message here in the forums, simply click on my user name, look under the heading on the right side for the link "send this user a private message."  I will respond to you as soon as possible.

Doc

0 Likes
bbsales723

Thanks.  Sent you a PM

0 Likes
Yogacrash

I'm having the same issue since I upgraded to 4.5.0.175 version. This annoying high pitch sound will occur every so often on a call. There is no rhyme or reason. No pattern.

0 Likes