Help!
curtis48

Hello All! I have the BB Curve 9530 or commonly referred to as the Curve 2, it seems as though you can't set personal ringtones. You know for individual callers in my contact list.

I'm pretty sure you can, I could with my original Curve but can't seem to find the right place for this one, can anyone out there help with this? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help!
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

To set a custom ringtone for a particular contact, open the Contacts app on your device.  Scroll to the contact you want to assign the custom ring tone.  Press the Menu key (to the left of the trackpad) and select Edit.  Scroll down to the section Custom Ring Tones/Alerts.  Click on Phone and you will be at a place where you can select your Ring Tone for this particular contact.  Once you have selected the ringtone you desire, press the Menu key and save.  Press the Escape key (to the right of the trackpad) and save again.  That should do the trick.  You will have to manually edit each contact you want to assign a custom ring tone in your contact list.  Hope this helps.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Help!
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

To set a custom ringtone for a particular contact, open the Contacts app on your device.  Scroll to the contact you want to assign the custom ring tone.  Press the Menu key (to the left of the trackpad) and select Edit.  Scroll down to the section Custom Ring Tones/Alerts.  Click on Phone and you will be at a place where you can select your Ring Tone for this particular contact.  Once you have selected the ringtone you desire, press the Menu key and save.  Press the Escape key (to the right of the trackpad) and save again.  That should do the trick.  You will have to manually edit each contact you want to assign a custom ring tone in your contact list.  Hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes