Help Blackberry Curve 8530 won't join calls!
nisa_b08

Okay so I have the curve 8530 and when I am on a call and another call comes in and I want to conference I can't. I can flash between the calls but add participant only allows me to add call from contact list.  Thanks for the replies.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help Blackberry Curve 8530 won't join calls!
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
The "conference call" option only works if YOU are the one in the middle, so to speak, and initiating the calls to each party. If you are RECEIVING a call, you cannot initiate a conference with someone else from that call.

You would call person #1, then flash and call person #2, then flash again and all three of you are connected.

To conference with an INCOMING call, the person calling YOU would have to initiate the three way calling.

I hope that makes sense....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
The "conference call" option only works if YOU are the one in the middle, so to speak, and initiating the calls to each party. If you are RECEIVING a call, you cannot initiate a conference with someone else from that call.

You would call person #1, then flash and call person #2, then flash again and all three of you are connected.

To conference with an INCOMING call, the person calling YOU would have to initiate the three way calling.

I hope that makes sense....
0 Likes
DIAHOW93

I am the middle of a call but I do not know how to conference a second call coming in.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

As SuzyQ explained in the post right above yours in this parties you can't conference the second party in if it was an incoming call.

0 Likes