Facebook for blackberry not working??!
cspasi86

When i had the original facebook i guess the preloaded facebook that my phone came with, it worked just fine. Then i upgraded to the Facebook for blackberry and now i cant use it outside of a wifi area and the verizon chat people said that its because that version facebook doesnt work with my plan and to downgrade my facebook, but it wont let me it automatically wants to download the newest version. i tried tech support and everything no one will help me. i asked if there was a way to jsut reboot the whole phone to how it was wen i got it and she said that would be the last resort...well this is the last resort because im not paying for the social networking every month when i cant even use it. did this happen to anyone??? or does anyone know how to get the preloaded facebook that came with the phone back on? I just dont know why it worked before but now i cant use it outside of my house or a wifi area. it just says no feeds available. i have the blackberry curve 9330 BTW.

0 Likes
Re: Facebook for blackberry not working??!
Rina808

I have the same problem now too. No one seems to know anything about these phones!!!!! Ugh!

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello cspasi86 and Rina808.

That sure can be frustrating for an application not work as it should. I first recommend to uninstall the application then download it from Blackberry App World. Follow the steps below to uninstall the application:

- From the Home screen, press the Menu button

- Select Options

- Select Applications

- If applicable, select the current setting in the Applications field (located in the upper-right).

- Highlight the Facebook application to be uninstalled

- Press the Menu button then select Delete

- If presented, select Delete

- If presented, select Yes

Once completed then install the application again from the Blackberry App World using 3G rather than Wifi. Additionally is your software on the Curve 6.0? To check: From the home screen > Options > (Device) > About (About Device Versions)

If you are not on the latest software, this need to be updated. Connect your device to Blackberry Desktop manager to update.

Thank you,

Lena A.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MSM23

This would be great if we could connect to  Blackberry App world in 3G. However, with the social networking data plan,it does not allow that. A message pops up stating we have to be in wifi to connect to the BB app world.

0 Likes
davidpeach

I have the same issue - since upgrading facebook it only works on wifi now. I'm on the social messaging plan too. Did you ever find a solution?

0 Likes
tbchappell80

I tried the steps you suggested and I still can't get Facebook "Places" to work...I keep getting the error message "Unable to retrieve your location.  Your location is temporarily unavailable.  Please try again". 

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Nee

Dont do the master reset (manufactuer's reset). It didn't work for me. So now I have no choice but to upgrade my data package. Either way, it was a waste. Just make sure you go into your settings to not have it update automatically again.

0 Likes
TanyaGiaimo61

I had the same issues when I got my Blackberry. I went as far as to have the entire phone replaced. I got on the phone with the Blackberry corp and they told me I had to deal with Verizon. I did and this is what they told me ------ "If it only works on the wifi after the upgrade, I would recommend not upgrading." So that is what I have done. I haven't upgraded the apps and unless you want to pay for the data, that's the only way you can keep the update apps. Unfortunately, the only way to get the "original" Facebook or Twitter that comes on the phone is too completely hard reset the phone. I recommend getting an SD card to save you pictures or any other things you have of value on the phone.

0 Likes