Emails stopped arriving on BB Curve 8330
cliffmama

I haven't received any emails on my BlackBerry 8330 Curve since June 5th (that's 5 days).  I get email from 5 separate email addresses onto my BlackBerry.  All of these email addresses are from my domain name that is set up at a web hosting company.  I can receive email on my gmail account from their gmail application. Everything else is working OK (browser, txt msgs, etc...).  I received this message in each of my email accounts on the phone (I changed my email address for privacy...).

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This email account is not currently accessible by your BlackBerry
device, so you may be experiencing a delay in email delivery. This
issue may be caused by a temporary problem with your email provider.
BlackBerry Internet Service will continue attempting to access this
account.

Email Account Information:
Email Account: blah@mydomain.com
Email: blah@mydomain.com
UserID: blah@mydomain.com

------------------------------------------------------------------

I asked the support folks at my web hosting service, and they think my BB's ISP needs to refresh their DNS cache.  That should happen within 24 hours, but it's been 5 days.  Their message to me was:

------------------------------------------------------------------

This is likely due to the propagation of the DNS changes made recently. Most services are back on line but depending on your geographic location and whether your ISP is caching the older information you may still be experiencing connection issues.

If you are still having connection issues and have cleared your cache and DNS then it is highly likely due to your ISP being cached. You may wish to contact your them to ask if they can clear the DNS cache on their end although they should do this on a fairly frequent basis anyway and it should clear on its own shortly.

For your information, ISP caching generally clears within 24 hours.

-----------------------------------------------------

Could something else be wrong?  Is there any  way to ask Verizon to clear the DNS cache for BlackBerries?  Or is it RIM who needs to do this?  Please help, I'm leaving for vacation soon and need to get my email on the road.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Emails stopped arriving on BB Curve 8330
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

First, Verizon just sells the Blackberry devices, RIM does all the technical mumbo jumbo stuff.  I would try the easy things first.  Resend your service books.  On your device, go to Email Settings and press the Menu key.  Select Service Books and press Send Service Books.  After that, pull the battery out of your device and allow for a hard reset. 

If that does not work, I would then recommend deleting those email accounts from your device and then putting them back onto your device, one at a time.  See if any of this helps and let us know here in the forums.

Doc

0 Likes
cliffmama

I don't see a "Service Books" option in the Email Settings Menu.  Any other place I can find that?  Thanks...

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Pull the battery out and keep it out for about 5 minutes.  Then put it back in and allow your device to hard reboot.  See if the service books return. 

Doc

0 Likes
cliffmama

Thanks for your help, but it's still not working.

I took the batteries out for a hard reset (a couple of times).

I also figured out how to send the service books - it wasn't available in email setup on the phone, then I snooped around in email setup from my PC when signed into my BB account, and the Send Service Books is under "Help", not a visible link from the first page.  i've sent service books a few times as well as hard resets.  I do get an acknowledgment email from the Activation Server that I should be getting new messages in about 20 minutes, but it's been all night, and I received none. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
cliffmama

Just for the hell of it, I installed some updated apps on the phone (e.g., facebook, twitter), and a little while later, the emails started coming in again.  This is at least 12 hours since I sent the service books and rebooted the phone several times.  Not sure what the problem really was, but it's cleared up now.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes