Curve-multiple email accts all go into message file with texts
jds
I have 3 email accounts that I keep on my Curve.  My screen shows all 3; in addition I have a folder titled (default) "Messages".  Whenenver ANY message comes in , it goes into this folder.  Is there a way to only have text messages go there and have my emails stay in their respective folders?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Curve-multiple email accts all go into message file with texts
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah, here's the way you need to separate.

Locate your icon for messages. Looks like the envelope. Select this icon. Once there, push your menu(Blackberry)button and select options. Then select General Options. In the general options screen scroll down the screen until you find the SMS and email Inboxes. Select the tab and choose separate. Then save your setting with your menu button.

Good luck... Hope this helps.

Regards, Michael 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah, here's the way you need to separate.

Locate your icon for messages. Looks like the envelope. Select this icon. Once there, push your menu(Blackberry)button and select options. Then select General Options. In the general options screen scroll down the screen until you find the SMS and email Inboxes. Select the tab and choose separate. Then save your setting with your menu button.

Good luck... Hope this helps.

Regards, Michael 

0 Likes
jds
Thanks.  How in the world are  you supposed to figure something like that out yourself?
0 Likes
jds
I tested it and the email I sent myself still went into both the email and messages folders.
0 Likes
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

I believe what the notifications you are seeing are default settings for these devices. I've got my storm doing the same thing. If I receive a message, I get a red asterisk on the message icon and on the corresponding email account. It doesn't bug me though. You may tweak your notification settings to try and resolve your issue with it. Then again, it may not be able to be resolved.

Good Luck..

Regards, Michael 

0 Likes