Can I convert my old BB Curve 9330 into a prepaid phone...but not the $80/month prepaid plan?
DG-80

I haven't used this phone for almost a year, since I upgraded to an iPhone.  I would like to activate it as an extra emergency phone and convert it to a prepaid plan.  The thing is since it's a smartphone, I've heard that if I did convert it to a prepaid plan I would have to pay about $80/month (the prepaid data/smartphone plan).  Is there any way I could just use this old Blackberry as a normal prepaid phone...I don't need/don't want to pay for any of the expensive data services.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I convert my old BB Curve 9330 into a prepaid phone...but not the $80/month prepaid plan?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A smartphone will require one of the prepaid smartphone monthly plans. There a couple of plans choices available now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can I convert my old BB Curve 9330 into a prepaid phone...but not the $80/month prepaid plan?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A smartphone will require one of the prepaid smartphone monthly plans. There a couple of plans choices available now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes