Bluetooth WILL NOT Enable...any advice?
6speed

I have a Tour 9630.

Today when I got in my car and made a call, noticed it did not connect to the car as it always does.

When I got home, I checked Manage Connections...noticed that Bluetooth was not checked as normal.  When I checked the Bluetooth box, got a red 'x'  next to it.

So then I went to Bluetooth Options, but the only thing on the screen says 'Bluetooth: Disabled'.

So then I tried to re-pair to my vehicle.  I do this each time I get a new vehicle, so I'm pretty good at it.  This is not a new vehicle.  Ran through the usual "Set Up Bluetooth" process and when I chose a 'Search' on my Bluetooth-enabled phone, it attempts a search, however then goes back to "Bluetooth: Disabled".

I have pulled the battery twice and no different results!  I can't believe that out of the blue, I cannot enable Bluetooth?

Has anybody else had this issue, or can anybody provide any help.  The Verizon helpdesk was pretty worthless, they just advised to walk through checking the box, which was the first thing I already tried! 

So thanks for nothing Verizon, I can tell you value your customers by the way you blew my off....

Anyway, getting back to the subject, does anyone know of a solution to this?  I can't believe that all of the sudden I just cannot enable Bluetooth on my phone anymore.  Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth WILL NOT Enable...any advice?
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

That is unusual. Blackberries are usually stellar performers when it comes to Bluetooth. Could it be another application or gps dock type setting. I know that thee are a few car

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Try reloading your OS (of course backup with Desktop Manager and BB Swiss Army Knife before hand).

0 Likes
6speed

Thanks guys for replying.  It is troubling to think that perfect strangers are MORE willing to help, than is the company that I pay money to each month for "service".

As of right now, Verizon has yet to provide me ANY assistance in this matter.  Nice.

Anyway, I reloaded my OS about 2 months ago, and this is probably something I am not willing to perform again.  The whole process was very time-consuming and cumbersome, and I expect that my phone should work the way it was intended to, without a bunch of extra "homework" on my part.

I am visiting Verizon store today, putting the ball in their court with a list of two choices:  a) replace my BlackBerry with a brand new one, or b) cancel the service.  I have the luxury of being beyond my contract, so that's a good thing.  Not in reaction to this latest problem entirely, but with regard to the complete lack of any concern about my problem. 

I have contacted their "help" desk probably 4-5 times since Friday and am completely disgusted with their lack of even the most basic levels of competence.  Oh, in fairness I did receive ONE follow-up to my initial call...that was the next day from someone to tell me--get this--that they received my call and would have someone call me back.  Nobody did.

So, two takeaways from this:

1)  Verizon "help" desk reps likely get paid on volume of call throughput...whether or not the issue gets resolved (judging on how little time they were willing to spend to even pretend to help me).

2)  If you want a job at a Verizon "help" desk, simply learn how to say these four words:  "Try pulling your battery".

I hope they send me a survey.

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

If you are beyond your contract, you are in the driver's seat! Might be time to be looking at a new device anyway...I plan to do that exact same thing this summer. I will make a list of what's important to me in a smartphone, then make a list of the different operating systems pluses and minuses, then make my choice. Good Luck!

0 Likes