Blackberry Curve Map Function
Blackberry-girl

I cannot seem to get my maps function to work on my BB curve.  I'm BB challenged at the moment :smileywink: and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Any help put there?????? Please

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Curve Map Function
Akakios

Hi!

Define function!?  Your Curve does not have GPS so the basic functions of your BB Maps would be directions and an over all view of the area.  

What are you wanting your maps to do for you that you cant get to work the way you want it to?  VZNav works great on the Curve by the way!

0 Likes
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2

The Curve does not have an unlocked GPS system. You would be unable to use BB Maps//Google Maps etc. Your only option would be to get VZ Navigator.

This issue has been addressed in the release of the BB Storm.

0 Likes
lowrance
Contributor - Level 2
if you have os 4.5, gps is unlocked to work with bbmaps. make sure you have your location set to on in your device and to start gps navigation in bbmaps. all  other 3rd party maps will only work by cell tower triangulation unless you buy a gps puck
0 Likes
CrazyBuckeye
If I understand the last post, it is now possible to activate GPS with Verizon (?) I have been dying to use software for Blackberry that allows me to use my phone as a rangefinder on golf courses but everything I read states that Verizon has chosen to lock the gps functionality. Any input? What is a GPS puck?
Message Edited by CrazyBuckeye on 04-13-2009 06:07 AM
0 Likes
lowrance
Contributor - Level 2

on the curve besides vznav, bb maps is the only other gps software that will work with the internal gps on the 4.5 os.unless you have the storm which has a stand alone gps. a puck is a gps reciever that will connect to your phone thru bluetooth and is not controlled thru the carrier.using that you will be able to use google maps or any other 3rd party software. a good puck to check out is the freedom 2000 i like it because its the size of a  keychain remote

0 Likes
lowrance
Contributor - Level 2
correction: a bluetooth puck will not  work with all gps mapping programs some do require  assisted gps  and without being able to connect with that will not work. i use google maps with mine but have to start bbmaps and keep that running in the background for google to work correctly . so check to see if a certain program will work with the bluetooth gps before you purchase one . sorry for the incorrect info above
0 Likes