Blackberry Cruve 3G 9330 Text/Picture & Upgrade discount issues (Need help asap)
WKQQRocker
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the past 3 weeks. I've been have a few issue with my blackberry cruve 3g 9330. With sendin and reciving text messages. (not showing them as i type them and sending them. Or reciving one my girl sends me. Even picture messages) What odd about the whole thing is. I can take out my memory card. And, I can send and recvie text messages just fine. And, it doesn't happen all the time. Been considering on getting a iphone 4. (need a 16 or 32 gig. Due the music I have on itunes) If I really need to buy a new phone. And, Have no other choice. Whent to local best buy. And, Was told I couldn't use my $30 upgrade discount. Although, They are a agent for Verizon. Which I still don't totally understand or get.

I ain't even had my phone for 2 years yet. Will be 2 years in November. In the past, I''ve never had a phone mess up on me like this in less than 2 years. But, That was at a time where they didnt even exist, and niether did texting. And, They still ran on a analog singal. (Honestly, Always thought analog was alot better. You never had dropped calls or any problem at all. When all these company switched. The problem all began and still remain to this day. Anyone who know anything about frequencies. Like people who have/has working in radio. owned a buniness like a CB shop back in the 70's (like my dad) and anyone else who has worked in broadcasting for the last 30-50 yrs can back me on that. Digtial isn't 1/4 as relyable as analog was. and will never be when it come to cell service. When verizon, Sprint, ATT (known at the time as Bell South or Bell South Molbility) Was analog their service was outstanding. My first cell phone, Was a motorola flip phone (with the huge battery that made up most of the phone) And, I had Bell South Mobility and had outstanding service. Was cystal clear on every call, Sound like the people I'd be talkin to was next to me. Never had a dropped call or anything. Then ATT came along and bought them out.. And there service when straight down the toliet. I'll get off my soapbox now.

Anyways, If anyone can be any help or provide any info or suggestions on what i can do, If this is something that cane be fixed. Please feel free to reply.

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Cruve 3G 9330 Text/Picture and other issues (Need help asap)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there WKQQRocker,

I'm so sorry you're having issues with your phone. I will be more than happy to provide some suggestions.  I understand a lot has changed in the world of technology, but we're definitely here to help!

It's definitely strange that it works when you take your memory card out.  Perhaps there is a corrupted file on it. I would start with plugging your memory card into your computer and backing up anything important on it. Then you can format/erase your memory card and put your important files back on.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
WKQQRocker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Hello there WKQQRocker,

I'm so sorry you're having issues with your phone. I will be more than happy to provide some suggestions.  I understand a lot has changed in the world of technology, but we're definitely here to help!

It's definitely strange that it works when you take your memory card out.  Perhaps there is a corrupted file on it. I would start with plugging your memory card into your computer and backing up anything important on it. Then you can format/erase your memory card and put your important files back on.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

Wow, You actually replied. After what? Two weeks? Sorry, But, I beleive you could've replyied alot sooner and shown a little more professtionalism. Don't make you at verizon look very good takeing that long to help a customer. And yeah Technology has changed. But, Not for the better when it comes to cell phone service and alot of other things and other companies. and their customer service.

Just saying. Anyways...

Did that the first night it started doing it. Not to mention, Pulling the battery a bunch of times. Didn't help at all. At first. It wouldn't reformat the card. Not sure what I did after a few trys. But, Ended up reformating. But, The problem still still there. As i stated before. It dont do it all the time. and only at random times. Me and my girlfriends has even tryied sent each other pictures. They will not go though or show as sent when and if they do go though. And just last night. She was telling me she wasnt geting my texts. But they showed as sent on my phone.

I've even pulled the battery and wiped everything but my contracts/phone book from my phone. As for the last week or so. So far it seems to be working fine. But, Since she told me last night while we was texting. Not 100% sure.

So, Should I think about buying a new phone? Been consdiering on getting a 32 gig Iphone 4 at best buy. They are $99.99. And from the last person told me when i called them. They said I would be able to use my upgrade discount on it. Would also like to know if you could confirm that or not. Been told two different thing over the last 2 weeks now. Another reason, I would be buying it there (Best Buy) other than verzion.com dont have them at all. And, Even if they did. I don't think verizon would price match it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@WKQQRocker,

I apologize for the delay in our response. If you're still having issues after reformatting the SD card you may want to try a hard reset http://bit.ly/zK7LOX. This will complete erase all data on the phone and reset back to the manufacturer settings.

In regards to the upgrade, if you are eligible for an upgrade you can definitely use it to purchase the iPhone at a discount price. You can confirm your upgrade eligibility by dialing #UPG send from your phone.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
WKQQRocker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

@WKQQRocker,

I apologize for the delay in our response. If you're still having issues after reformatting the SD card you may want to try a hard reset http://bit.ly/zK7LOX. This will complete erase all data on the phone and reset back to the manufacturer settings.

In regards to the upgrade, if you are eligible for an upgrade you can definitely use it to purchase the iPhone at a discount price. You can confirm your upgrade eligibility by dialing #UPG send from your phone.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

I really hate it when support/customer service reps take forever to reply and they do. Don't read a reply fully. And answer the questions put to them. As I stated before. I've already done a battery pull several times and that didn't help at all. But, I was able to do something. and fixed the issue with my mermory card. without losing everything on my phone by wiping it. As for the upgrade. I know I already have a upgrade credit on my account. That wasn't the question I asked. I asked, Should I buy a new phone to replace mine. And, If this is a sign mine is about to die/quit on me.

0 Likes