8530 trying to wipe - Do you know any tricks to save my info?
shayeford

While trying to sync my bb curve to my computer, I entered my password incorrectly (I was working way too late & not being careful enough) so now my BB says it will WIPE DATA from my phone.

I panicked and took out the battery before it could wipe all the data, but I have a feeling it may be too late to save my stuff.

I searched this online and most info was 2008/2009, so I'm hoping there is a fix for this.

Does anyone know it is too late to stop the wipe? Do you know what I should do next?

I'm headed to the Verizon store this morning for some technical help, if my BB can be saved.

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Re: 8530 trying to wipe - Do you know any tricks to save my info?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello shayeford!

I know the feeling! I've been there before! When you put the battery in the phone, were you able to view any of your information? Have you backed up your info previously?

Let us know!

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: 8530 trying to wipe - Do you know any tricks to save my info?
shayeford

No, I went into the store, met with the Tech there. I gave up on internet support.

My Phone was backed up on my BB account from earlier in the year, but only one of the contacts was saved. Bizarre, right? I was able to recreate some of my address book by going to the incoming/outgoing calls list which, strangely, had people's names with the phone numbers, but the names weren't in my contacts. I just "saved" those numbers, and then recreated anyone I could remember. Unfortunately, I did not us Verizon Backup Assistant. I DO NOW!

Good Day!

0 Likes