vx8700 firmware
paul_r
Enthusiast - Level 2

a friend gave me a beautiful old LG VX8700 and i want to use it pre-pay. phone boots up & menus work ok, but am not able to connect to network to activate. says 'service required' on screen. .

is there any way to get the firmware to flash phone so it will work again? i think the latest is T87VZV03 but i cant find it anywhere online.

thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: vx8700 firmware
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi paul_r,  That's a blast from the past!  I'd be happy to provide some support to see if we can get the device running again.  Have you checked with our local stores to see if they still have the ability to flash the software?  It may not be available at all locations. 

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport   

0 Likes
paul_r
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ YaleK_VZW

Ok, so you are a VZW rep, then you should be able to answer this question:  DO THEY or DO THEY NOT provide this service at ANY local verizon stores?

Before I go on a goose chase that could take hours or days with phone calls & driving store to store, I would like to know for sure if there is any such service.

So my question requires a simple YES or NO before I continue with this pursuit.

Will verizon flash an old phone to working condition again?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to find a store with the ability to do so.  The rep that replied here doesn't know where you are located.  Please don't post your exact address on this public forum as that would against the .

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
paul_r
Enthusiast - Level 2

You didn't read my question.

My question is IF.....not WHERE.

I simply want to know IF verizon does this....BEFORE I go running around looking for a place that does.

IF this kind of service exists . . .THEN I will start making calls & driving to locations.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't KNOW. I'm just a customer like yourself.  It supposedly should available as the reps have said a option to get other software updates for basic phones installed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
paul_r
Enthusiast - Level 2

the post from YaleK_VZW does not make it clear as to whether or not verizon actually has this kind of service. So, does anyone know for sure? . . . Or has anyone ever had this done?

0 Likes