voicemail
unpredictable_madness
Enthusiast - Level 2

My voicemail is not working ive tried speed dial and *86 and all it does is gives me a busy signal whats wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: voicemail
budone
Legend

Have you manually tried to call it??? Have you tried from another phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there unpredictable_madness!

Sounds like madness there! Sorry about the busy signal! Were you able to get this resolved? Sometimes depending on the device you have, you can change your contact to reflect a different number than *86. Have you checked that? Also, sometimes call forwarding can hinder things. Dial *73 to cancel all call forwarding and try again. Please reach out to us if you're still having an issue.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
JennyWard
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue.  I can call both of my phones but they do not roll over to voicemail.  If you call the phone from another line, I get a message that this customer is not available.  If I try to call voicemail from the cellphone, I get a busy signal.  Any ideas?

NEsince92
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had this same issue. I called customer service and found that basic voicemail had been disabled on my account for some reason. Once re-enabled, everything went back to normal. My old pin was functional and my old messages were available for retrieval. Check the features associated with your plan and make sure this hasn't happened to you!

unpredictable_madness
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have actually upgraded my phone and everything is working fine. Thanks for all the help. Jenny as stated by another person on the form. I just had this same issue. I called customer service and found that basic voicemail had been disabled on my account for some reason. Once re-enabled, everything went back to normal. My old pin was functional and my old messages were available for retrieval. Check the features associated with your plan and make sure this hasn't happened to you!

hope that helps

voicemail
JennyWard
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!  Same thing happened to me, customer service reset it and it's fine now.