Re: unwanted spam ads pop-ups
albohn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, we figured it out. Menu - apps - Daily Scoop - Menu - change all of the settings to none or uncheck all that you have checked. Somehow these got set so it looked like I wanted to receive these daily offerings. I didn't do it consciously so either my toddler did it accidentally or my pocket did. I hope this helps someone else.

TraceyZeiler

Thanks for the info, I just unchecked everything and hope to stop seeing these ads, they did say it will take 24 hours to become effective.

To everyone that said this is something the user did I have to disagree.  I had a defective phone and got a replacement under warrantly and the new one CAME LIKE THIS right from Verizon so it couldn't have been a user issue.

0 Likes
carolj621

I do not have the "get it Now" app....once in apps i go to daily scoop and there are no options to delete.  I can find no way to delete this app from my cosmos 2 phone.  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

It is really strange how so many users with the same device has totally different menu options.  I do not see how this is possible.

At this point a user is working blind to find a solution..

0 Likes
deanshields

This unwanted spam is driving me nuts!  I went to our local Verizon store and they didn't know how to get rid of it.  It has even interrupted a call!  Plus, they charged me a $30 upgrade fee even though I didn't upgrade, the other LGCosmos just wore out and I ordered another one which said FREE.

0 Likes
deanshields

Yes, thanks for the help, this spam drives me crazy and it came with the phone, I didn't ask for it, took to local Verizon store..he didn't know how to get rid of it.

I did go to "APS" BUT DON'T SEE ANY WAY TO UN-CHECK.     sorry about the caps:)  So anyway, it shows me what the aps but so far I haven't figured it out, I'll keep trying and let you know how I do.  Thanks.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

But there were disclaimers all over about the $30 fee. So it is not like you were blindsided.

As for SPAM ads, that normally starts due to an app. Or a messaging site.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

By SPAM, are you referring to the Daily Scoop?  Thankfully some updates on certain phones disabled it, but on some phones, and I believe the Cosmos was one of them, it was not only pre-installed but set up to work from the 'get go'.  Have you tried the following steps to disable it?

Menu - apps - Daily Scoop - Menu - change all of the settings to none or uncheck all that you have checked

PhilKe3fl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can give you one good reason that a law suite might be possible:

Let's say you're in an emergency life or death or bodily injury situation, you go to place your call for help & now you have to spend 30+ seconds handling the stupid ad before you can place your call.

It would be far better to nip this in the bud BEFORE Verizon or "Daily Scoop" gets hit with a multi-billion $ law suite for a death or injury, don't you think?

0 Likes
PhilKe3fl
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have to move over to "( ) No" then you have to click the [OK] button to actually select "(*) No" and last you have to click the right hand "Save" button.

It took me a while before I realized that my "selection" was not being saved & how to do it.

I was then informed that it would take 24 hours for my changes to take effect.

0 Likes