samsung rogue touch screen problems
sjohnsonnn
I've had my rogue for about a year and a half and for the past few weeks, the touch screen has been on the fritz. Does anyone else have this problem? The calibration seems off, but reseting the calibration does nothing to help. Most of the time I can't even get to the calibration screen because the touch screen is already so far off. And a lot of the time, it's not just off, touching the touch screen does absolutely nothing. So my phone becomes basically useless. I've tried everything I can think of. I'm pretty much desperate for ideas now. I don't think I have a warranty on the phone anymore, and I know I don't have insurance. So just going and getting a new one isn't an option.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: samsung rogue touch screen problems
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello sjohnsonnn,

May I ask have you check the software on your device? The current version for the Samsung Rogue is u960dg25. Since you already tried to re-calibrate the screen, the next step would be to perform a factory reset. I have noted the steps on how to do so below.

Press menu > Settings & Tools > Phone Settings > Security > Enter lock code (usually the last 4 of your mobile number) > select Restore Phone > Press Yes to confirm wipe. 

Before doing this, I recommend verifying that your contacts are saved on backup assistant. You can confirm online at My Verizon. Also, you would need to reactivate the device after the wipe by dialing *228 send & selecting option 1 to program. Afterwards, please retry the screen to see if the responsiveness improves. 

If the issue persist, you have the option to purchase a CPO device, which is significantly cheaper than a brand new device at full retail. I personally find these devices priced very attractively for most budgets. 

Hope this helps...

0 Likes
Hito83

only problem with the above advice....if the touch screen isnt working properly you cant access the menus so unless theres another way to get to the menu, like a keyboard shortcut or something...that advice is kinda useless...

0 Likes
Re: Samsung rogue touch screen problems
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Hito83,

Thanks for your posting! The steps provided by Arnett can be completed with the physical keyboard on the device. The user would simply use the directional keys and the OK key. 

I would like to add the steps on how to check the current software version on the Samsung Rogue. They are:

From the main screen, press Menu
Press Settings & Tools
Press Phone Info
Press SW/HW Version
As Arnett stated above, the most recent software version for this device is u960dg25. If you find that your version is anything different than that, you can update the software yourself by following these steps:

Menu > Settings & Tools > Phone Info > Software Update > Check New

I hope this information is helpful and have a good day!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung rogue touch screen problems
Patrick39x

Having the same problem, but there seems to be no way to do steps with the physical keyboard. The directional keys don't highlight or work anything on the screen. So if the touch screen is not working there is no way.

0 Likes
Bellasera

I am also having the same problem with touchscreen.  When you press a button on touch screen, it will respond but with a completely different button that you didn't request.  The steps verizon help suggested dont work because keyboard arrows dont highlight whats on screen.  I had to put my phone in the fridge for a few minutes and then was able to ck text mess to actually

read them but it works for only a min then acts up again.  The only way to unlock screen is to slide qwerty keyboard open then use the red button to open up prev calls and scroll thru to find the person u want to call if they are even on there,since u cant activate contacts.  I hope there is some easy fix for this because we arent eligible for upgrade and really i dont need all the bells and whistles of new data phones, just thought my phone too would last more than a yr and a half.

0 Likes