"NEW MEDIA MESSAGE" AraceliT_VZWSupport SOLVED............Um....NOT solved READ ON
davidmpauze

AraceliT_VZWSupport Writes:

Re: Help - Media Center Message???

05-03-2011 01:09 PM

Thank you all for your replies. There is a known issue with receiving a message in the Media Center. This is due to Daily Scoop. There was a post on how to resolve this issue previously, but I will post it here as well.

Daily Scoop can suspend the application remotely by following the instructions listed below:

Remove any data blocks

Go into the Daily Scoop application and press next. It will download content.

E-mail us at vzdailyscoopsupport@mobileposse.com to let us know it is on and you have downloaded content, and we will suspend it.

READ MY COMPLAINT BELOW ALREADY DID THAT NOT SOLVED

-Once it is suspended, then you can turn the data feature off (the next day), and you will not receive alerts anymore.

NOT TRUE I STILL RECEIVE "NEW MEDIA MESSAGE" ALERTS. WHEN I UNLOCK PHONE I AM IN APPLICATION SCREEN EVERY MORNING READ MY STORY BELOW

Thank you,

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "NEW MEDIA MESSAGE" AraceliT_VZWSupport SOLVED............Um....NOT solved READ ON
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you all for your replies regarding the "NEW MEDIA CENTER MESSAGE" that appears every morning. 

The issue has been identified by LG, resolution is targeted for next software update.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: "NEW MEDIA MESSAGE" AraceliT_VZWSupport SOLVED............Um....NOT solved READ ON
davidmpauze

READ MY SITUATION NOW:

Subject: “new media message” popup

Product: LG Cosmos Touch

Provider: Verizon

On May 7th 2011 I complained about our LG Cosmos touch phones being charged completely before going to sleep, only to wake up in the morning and all of our phone LED lights being on with now a half charge and a “new media message” displayed.  On my phone I would unlock it and it would say “Get Bing” This was happening to 3 of our phones.

On May 11th 2011 A few days later, I called Verizon customer service to explain my problem at 1-800-922-0204 and they told me on my phone particularly there was an application that apparently was getting to my phone so she told me to create a new message with my phone and send it to 256-93 and in the body of the message type  STOP  and then click send. She said it should stop messages from being sent to my phone. I did get a confirmation from the place I sent the text that it would stop. This still doesn’t explain the messages to my son’s and wife’s phone.

On May 12th 2011 the next day, I took my phone to Verizon in Scottsdale AZ. The associate there took my phone and about 10 minutes later told me he removed Verizon Backup Assistant and the guy said I shouldn’t have issues. He also told me another associate has seen this before. I wanted some assurance that the problem would go away so I said to the associate, “Ok so when I wake up tomorrow my phone should have a full charge and I shouldn’t get anymore messages right?” He said I should be fine.

On May 13th 2011 the next day I woke up and he was right, I had a full charge and there was no evidence of my LED light being on. However, I did have “new media message” displayed again. Various displayed messages on all phones have been occurring. “Get Bing” “VZ Nav” and “city ID” have been popping up every single morning on all of our phones and I have heard through research that some customers are actually being charged for this. Here we go again. This time, I called LG to see what the problem was at 1-800-243-0000 and they say it is a software issue which the provider is responsible for putting on a particular phone and that they only do the hardware. I also found a link on one of the review & complaint pages that I googled on the internet that if you send an e-mail to vzdailyscoopsupport@mobileposse.com and type “suspend account”, you won’t get anymore messages. Later on that day, I received an e-mail and it said….(See e-mail)

Hello David,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Daily Scoop Support! I have suspended your Daily Scoop service which will stop all Daily Scoop alerts from appearing on your mobile phone. Please allow 24 hours for this change to take effect and before turning off your data service. Also, please take a few minutes to take a short Survey to help us improve Verizon Daily Scoop. Note: “New Media Message” alerts may be caused by other applications on your phone including but not excluded to Backup Assistant, VZ Nav or City ID. Any issues with the aforementioned applications should be referred to Verizon Customer Service (*611 from your mobile phone).Thank you for your time and patience in helping troubleshoot this issue.

Sincerely,                                                                                                                                                                                  Ian S.

On May 20th 2011 I called Verizon customer service on and spoke to George and explained to George what I did so far. I was still having the same problems with the “get new application” messaging. I also told George that I read on the internet a way to disable the applications but customers are complaining when they delete these applications, they don’t actually get removed. So I decided to try it anyway. On my phone, I went to media then went to browse and download and it lists some of the applications that have been giving me fits. So I click on the little ICON to the right of backup assistant and daily scoop and click remove on both applications and it shows a piece of paper getting thrown in the waste paper basket. So far so good right? Well it doesn’t disappear just like the online review has been saying. George explained to me that those are programs put there with the software and it’s similar to a computer. He said when I deleted the programs all I did was disable the programs from running but this does not delete the programs themselves from the software installed on the phone and by doing this, it should prevent our phones from getting alerts. George said it should fix the problem. He then said he would call me within a few hours to see if any “new media messages” would pop up. And by his word, he did call and there were no new media messages. He also called 2 more times providing great customer service and once again, no new messages. Problem solved? Let’s see when I wake up.

(So since Sunday May 21st until presently May 24th I wake up and both my son and my wife’s phone has a new media message and on both of their phones it is on the “get new application” page and on my phone it says new media message “you are about to access mobile IM 3.0 ACCEPT or DECLINE” Well I have declined every day and its getting very old.)

On May 24th 2011 I called Verizon again and this time, spoke with Shana and explained to her everything in detail that is explained above. She asked if I was sending pictures that I take with the phone to verizonpics.com and I said not at all because I only took a few pics and saved them to my phone. Didn’t make sense. She transferred me to elevated support where I spoke to Eric which again I explained the issues that I have been having  to him. He told me to go to my Verizon online and block some things that may be causing my headaches. So I did as you can see below.

Block Ringback Tone Purchase / Block Premium Messaging / Block V CAST Music  / Block Premium Animated Messaging / Block All Data Services / Block Mobile Web / Not Block Picture and Video Messaging / Block Web Purchases / Block V CAST Video Clips / Block Application Downloads           

I blocked everything on all 3 phones except picture and video messaging. I will wait until tomorrow to see what the results are. Eric said he will call me.

On May 25th 2011 I woke up this morning and after blocking all apps yesterday, all 3 phones said “new media message” and in all 3 cases when the phones were unlocked they were all on the get new application page. (media / browse and download / get new applications)

Was supposed to receive a call from Eric and he didn’t call today. Still receiving apps

On May 26th 2011 Still receiving “new media messages”

On June 2nd 2011 I posted onto Verizon Wireless website everything you have read so far.                      

Here is their response:

Re: NEW MEDIA MESSAGE (This is VERY Detailed, you might want to read).                                                                          

06-02-2011 01:08 PM

From Vereyezuhn

How long exactly have you had these phones? Those messages you get are completely normal, and every phone gets them for the first 30-60 days. The programs on there are simply trials, and after a certain amount of time a message will pop up asking if you'd like to continue and pay for the service, or remove it. If you remove it, it will be gone forever unless you decide you want to pay for it. I haven't seen or heard of a way yet to remove them before their trial period was up.

My response:

Re: NEW MEDIA MESSAGE (This is VERY Detailed, you might want to read)                                                                   

06-02-2011 01:58 PM

Vereyezuhn Dude: How long exactly have you had these phones?                                                                               

Me: I have had these phones since May 7th.

Vereyezuhn Dude: Those messages you get are completely normal, and every phone gets them for the first 30-60 days.                                                                                                                                                                            

Me: Sounds like a software problem that needs to be fixed on Verizons end first. Verizon, installed the software which LG explained to me so that is the first problem, and this type of occurance would not happen if these phones were not programmed to do this. You also mention say 30-60 days but there is a lot of variability there and this statement does not hold water in my opinion because this is the first I heard of this from anyone. I don't know of any trial period has a gap of 30-60 days. A trial period is always clearly defined by a specific time period, at least the hundreds of trial periods I have seen. That's like asking someone what time do they get off work and they answer, " I am off work promptly between 5PM and 11PM either today or tomorrow." Or," How long have you worked at your current job?" and you say, "I worked there for several years."

Vereyezuhn Dude: The programs on there are simply trials, and after a certain amount of time a message will pop up asking if you'd like to continue and pay for the service, or remove it. If you remove it, it will be gone forever unless you decide you want to pay for it.                                                                                    

Me: Once again, this is incorrect. It doesn't give me an option at all to remove it. If you read what I said above in my statement I TRIED TO REMOVE IT by manually going into MEDIA CENTER / BROWSE & DOWNLOAD into the application area of my phone, then I click on the icon to the right of said application and it then gives me the option to remove it and when I do, it shows a piece of paper being thrown into a lovely waste paper basket giving the user (IE ME) the feeling that it is going to be as you say, "gone forever." But....... IT DOES NOT REMOVE IT AT ALL and no it IS NOT GONE FOREVER it has not left to begin with to be gone forever. It has to leave first to be gone and it can't be gone forever until it is first gone in the first place in which in my case it is not gone. Every Verizon person I talked to had a different answer to my problem and not a single answer has worked nor has any of the solutions provided to me been a repeatable solution from one technician to the other.

Vereyezuhn Dude: I haven't seen or heard of a way yet to remove them before their trial period was up.                                 

Me: Well I am going to one up you, I haven't seen or heard of a way to remove it before during or after this trial period.

Any other solutions?

UPDATE: AFTER ALL SAID AND DONE AS OF JUNE 2 2011

Every morning I wake up it says "NEW MEDIA MESSAGE" This has been happening now for almost a month. I unlock my phone I see no message at all but I am somehow in the applications page. YOUR SOLUTIONS are NOT Working!

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Wow... And you actually want HELP from us? Try calming down, and being a little less rude. You weren't listening to my reply at all. I said 30-60 days because I couldn't remember EXACTLY which it is. It's either 30 days, or 60 days.

YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT OUT OF THE TRIAL PERIOD. This is why you have no option to remove it. Trust me, I've been with Verizon for many years and have had many phones do this. Once you are out of the trial period, a message pops up asking if you want to remove it.

Now, I sincerely hope you change your attitude about the people trying to help you, otherwise you will get nowhere. It's no wonder a moderator marked your problem as solved - you in no way deserve respect or help from the community members, and you are creating multiple posts that say the exact same thing. Please stick to one post and reply on that one, it is MUCH easier to follow and help you if you aren't all over the place kicking and screaming about your problems. I highly doubt you will get any help with your tone and attitude the way it is now. Have a good day.

0 Likes
davidmpauze

I think when a problem arises with ANY customer and it does not get solved there is room to be upset for anyone especially when the problem has been brought to the attention on Verizon several times and the customer getting several different ways to fix the problem.  I provided the most detailed notes that anyone has given and have not had the issue resolved. Forget my font size, bold letters and different colors that may lead you to believe I am I am rude but just simply read what I wrote.

I find it rude when a representative of Verizon tells me last week on the phone he will call me with a solution later on in the day and doesn't call back don't you, or am I just being rude in asking?  I have had this phone for almost a month, and nobody can correctly tell me what is going wrong. So yea, I am a little upset, I don't think thats wrong on my part do you?  I have not used any profanity so I suggest stop using your dislike in my writing style as an excuse and kindly help fix this issue.

In regards to your last message I did listen, you wrote 30 - 60 days so your correct in what you wrote. You didn't write 30 OR 60 days in your original e-mail. I read 30 - 60 as 30 to 60. Once again am I wrong with my assesment? Now I will give this trial period of 30 or 60 days a chance to see if the problem is resolved but again, it would be nice if I knew what it was 30 or 60 days, big difference. If you don't know or can't remember can you please point me in a direction to someone that may know? Thanks

After reading several posts not only here but on the internet in general I can say that,clearly I am not the only one having this very same issue with their phone so it seems to me that you may possibly be frustrated at the amount of e-mails that you and the rest of the moderators receive in regards to the issues. Maybe I am wrong I don't know I can only assume.

When a customer hears different ways to solve a known problem by different moderators and technicians working for verizon tells me there may not be good communication within the company possibly. Again, I am only under the assumption. 

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

First off, I just want to clarify that I am NOT a Verizon employee, moderator, or affiliate with Verizon whatsoever (that's why I can post all this stuff and anything I want - even sound "rude"). This is a customer-to-customer site, and only the posters with red letters and "Employee" or "Mod" next to them work for Verizon.

With that said, I see your problem and solution right in your post. You've had the phone for almost a month. That tells me that what I said about the trial period is in fact correct, and your problem will go away with time.

Now, as far as what I said about the 30-60 days, you are correct, it DOES in fact mean 30 to 60. I should have clarified and I am sorry for that. I strongly believe that after the month mark of you having your phones, this problem will go away. It has with every Verizon phone I've ever owned. CityID (among other programs) is preinstalled on ALL Verizon phones and shows up for the first month. This is what is causing the "New Media Center Message" pop-up on your phone (I know these as well - got them on ALL my Verizon phones) and I know that when you go into the Media Center, nothing alarming pops up. I know how annoying it is, and I also know that after the trial runs up, it will give you an option to remove it completely or continue with it and pay for it. This happened with my Droid X, my EnV3, my EnV2, my EnV, and my old LG flip phones.

0 Likes
cds859

Hi! I think i found a fix! I have the same exact phone you do and i too was getting those messages so i went into my account and the i want too box came up and it had all the options i could do and i clicked on i want too manage service blocks and then you will get a list of things to block. I blocked everything that had to do with the web. Web App block. Data Block and Internet block (cant remember what it was called but if you saw it you would know) and i just did that last night and i have not got any of those messages again. That means that you can not use the internet but thats not a big deal for me because i do not do that anyway but i was being charged for using data from that message.  I really hope this helps you! 

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you all for your replies regarding the "NEW MEDIA CENTER MESSAGE" that appears every morning. 

The issue has been identified by LG, resolution is targeted for next software update.

0 Likes
Pokey50

I don't think she was rude at all. I can see that she has been put through a great deal of time and effort to reduce battery waste. I also see that she put blocks on just about everything and this is still happening. I have just received my LG Cosmos Touch and my battery is being wasted within one day. This is very poor performance and it is due to these downloads that I do not want.  I would appreciate Verizon taking care of this problem. I can see that the problem goes back for months in time after reading different customers mentions and there needs to be a fix, now.

0 Likes
happyclientsnot

Since you have ignored my post, I will ask you VERIZON from this one. When can the many disgruntled customers of verizon with Cosmos Touch phones get the update we need to turn off the annoying battery draining notices and messages and browse and download screens. I already know that you are pointing the finger at LG but they did say it was a problem with YOUR software installed on their phone. All you have to do is work with LG to find a solution. I will be happy to remove all programs, I only need talk and text. I have told this to verizon senior technician but still no solution. I will be happy to suspend service if you dont come up with something soon. Thanks, (not), Happyclientsnot

0 Likes
surf2
Enthusiast - Level 3

<post deleted per the TOS>

'"Bombing" the Verizon Community or individual threads with repetitive or meaningless postings, postings unrelated to the purpose of the Verizon Community, excessive cross-posting;'

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes