phone upgrades
pgumprecht
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is Verizon still doing free/discounted phone upgrades after 2 years? I have had an LG Chocolate 2 for about 5 years or so

and would like to upgrade to a texting phone like the Brightside.

The LG is the only phone I've ever had and have never upgraded once.

Thanks in advance

-Pete

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: phone upgrades
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community for your contributions.

Hello pgumprecht,

I’m glad to learn you'll be upgrading to one of our new devices. You are eligible to upgrade to a new device after fulfilling 20 months of your two year agreement. To help you decide which device is best for you I recommend you compare our Basic Phones. You’re able to compare up to five devices at a time and review their available features and capabilities. To view the discounted price available to you feel free to log in to My Verizon and select the device you wish to upgrade to. Thanks for continuing to Rule the Air with Verizon Wireless.

DaisyP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

yes they are. click shop then basic phones at the top of this page.

0 Likes
pgumprecht
Enthusiast - Level 2

so is the -$50 the discount?

100 bucks for a basic phone seems like a lot imho.

not that I can't afford it, i'm just saying

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

No the discount is $150.  $249-150=$99.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I'd wait a little while to see if COSTCO, Best Buy, Target or Walmart, (stores not online) gets this phone in stock. They are usually much cheaper and don't require a 3rd party contract.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Costco and Walmart uses let's talk... You agree to let's talk terms when you purchase there.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I'm speaking of in stores. There are not 3rd party contracts, that have restrictions on them. At least from my experience in my local stores.

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community for your contributions.

Hello pgumprecht,

I’m glad to learn you'll be upgrading to one of our new devices. You are eligible to upgrade to a new device after fulfilling 20 months of your two year agreement. To help you decide which device is best for you I recommend you compare our Basic Phones. You’re able to compare up to five devices at a time and review their available features and capabilities. To view the discounted price available to you feel free to log in to My Verizon and select the device you wish to upgrade to. Thanks for continuing to Rule the Air with Verizon Wireless.

DaisyP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
pgumprecht
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered the Samsung Brightside last Friday.

Should have it in another day or 2.

Regards,

-Pete

0 Likes