how do you set up call forwarding?
1donny

i am using 2 phone numbers and would like the calls for both numbers to go to which ever phone can be reached. how do i set up call forwarding?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do you set up call forwarding?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't forward text messages to another device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I take it you have two phones, each with a different provider?

How do I activate Call Forwarding?

To activate Call Forwarding:

1. Press *72.

2. Enter the phone number where you want calls to be forwarded. (e.g. *72-908-123-4567).

3. Press SEND and wait for confirmation. You should hear a confirmation tone or a message.

4. Press END.

How do I deactivate Call Forwarding?

To deactivate Call Forwarding:

1. Press *73.

2. Press SEND and wait for confirmation. You should hear a confirmation tone or a message.

3. Press END.
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello 1donny,

Were you able to setup call forwarding using the steps that budone provided in his  posting? Big shout out to budone for providing the answer! If so then congrats! I just want to advised some of the key points of call forwarding so there won't be any billing surprises if any. I have them listed below for your review.

• Calls can not be forwarded to international destinations. (Canada is the only exception but long distance charges may apply)
  • Airtime applies to all simultaneous calls and to forwarded calls. (Cellular and landline destinations)
  • If you forward calls from your Verizon Wireless number to another Verizon Wireless number then this is considered as mobile to mobile. (Based on your pricing plan)

If you have any additional questions or concerns then don't hesitate to respond to this message with your inquiry.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Kawin

What about texts and other messages?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't forward text messages to another device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mturpitt2012

how can i set call forwading up from a nother phone

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As far as I know, you can't, but you can set it up from your on-line MyVerizon account:

Go to the Call Forwarding page in MyVerizon (Device > Set Up Call Forwarding)

Under Mobile Number select the phone number you want to forward calls from

Under Forward Mobile Number to, enter the number you want to forward your calls to

Change any options as you wish

Click Set Up Call Forwarding

0 Likes