Enthusiast - Level 2

Need assistance how to forward old voice messages to the new system

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: help saving old voice mail after Verizon upgraded the system
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ritarr1958,

We want you to be able to save your special voicemails. What type of device do you have? What new system are you trying to save them to? Please provide details so we may further assist.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ritarr1958
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung Convoy (basic phone)- When I call the number where the old voice mails are stored it appears to allow me to forward them to either my own number, or another number.

I was able to get messages to forward to my husband's number and he forwarded the message back to me.

Then, the message indicator went off on my phone that I received a voice message.

When I checked my messages, the "new" voice system did not have the message there.

The message was at the "old" voice mail location when I checked that number.

So, I am receiving indicator of the old voice system. Both my husband and myself were auto called to set up the new system on Thursday- 7-24-14.  Not given a chance to forward messages from the old system, (or instruction) before the upgrade.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Stephanie-Rocks_
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Rita,

While I don't know of a way to forward them to your new voicemail box, it is possible to have your saved messages digitally recorded and sent you on on CD (or emailed in MP3 format). Check out www.SaveMyVM.com for that.

You could also record them yourself by connecting a cable from your phone to a computer and playing your voicemails into the computer.  There is a free audio editing program called Audacity that you can use.

Later!

~Stephanie

0 Likes