data plan! why??? whats the difference of me using Wifi or being charged for a data plan?
Alphadog

Feature phones iterally suck, even the internet pro reviews on the phones are very low and most of the feature phones that are  reviewed  the reviewer gives  their  last comment as "don't buy" .

I do not need a data plan, ( I carry either a Verizon netbook or a notebook for all my internet needs) nor am I comfortable with the charge of a data plan being necessary or is this simply another way for a large company with a large profit margin to stick it to the consumer knowing we have to maintain a cell phone in this day and age?.

I had settled on the KinTwo, the reviews are not glowing but .... r not that horrible either.  It is also the only phone which gives the owner WiFi accessibility.  (which makes me wonder if this is the reason Verizon has pulled it off the market).  From my extensive research the KinTwo is the only feature phone choice.  But..... When I went back to the site to order it was gone, and the VW stores do not carry it.

UGH>  I am so discouraged by the data plans and the extremely high price.  Would someone please tell me what the difference is in my using my Netbook, laptop (notebook) on WiFi and not being charged a data fee?  Or why I can bring Wireless Internet into my home and have all my WiFi accessible electronics connect through my main ISP with an additional fee for each WiFi user????   But I am not able to use a Smartphone this way???

I am serious about these data plans  are they necessary????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: data plan! why??? whats the difference of me using Wifi or being charged for a data plan?
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

once upon a time verizon did not require data plans

many users were happy

but t h is did not last for users started having problems with thier hands

they would often hit the wrong buttons and use data

sometims as little as a mb, sometimes many mb

verizon forums and customer service started recieving phone calls to get credits for this usage

after all its not the users fault is it? i mean are they responsible if they had the phone to a 2 year old to play with and the kid brings up the browser?

so verizon decided it was in its best interest to protect its users.  they started requireing data plans so you wouldnt get hit with huge bills for being an idiot.

So if you wanna cry about data plans blame all those people out there that complained

0 Likes