Re: basic phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@d_k_s wrote:

The basic flip phones Verizon offers are getting mediocre reviews. Do smartphones require a data plan or can I keep what I have?

Smartphones do require a data plan. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nowadays, we depend on our cell phones for practically everything, and our mission is to help you in the best way possible. What in particular do you like about your flip phone? What do you user your phone mostly for? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

The Convoy 3 is a 3G phone, which means you can't activate it anyway.  I would spruce up your LG and keep using it as long as you can.  Once you decide to replace it you MUST have  a 4G phone and as you've discovered or will soon discover, the current offerings are not very likeable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

All of our devices, smart or basic, should be running perfectly. How long have you been experiencing this? Do you have any physical/water damage to your line? MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the desire to have a phone that performs at the level you need. Smartphones require a data plan for the device to work. If you do not currently have a data plan, you would need to migrate to one should you purchase a smartphone.   Please visit https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/ to view our plans. LisaL_VZW

0 Likes