Re: Will there be a 4G Basic phone with QWERTY keyboard?
cmd612
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

CMD12, the last thing we would ever wish is to lose you as a part of the family. Please know that Verizon Wireless does not create the phones, we provide the service to the phones. . . .

LorenB_VZW

Of course. And, as has been discussed at length in this thread, it might be a great option for some customers if, given the absence of QWERTY basic phones in the market, Verizon would consider giving their customers the option of using a smartphone for talk and text only - without a data plan.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

boringusername I remember having a Qwerty keyboard and loving it. We, unfortunately, don't know what phones will be coming out. However, a Qwerty keyboard is not likely. You can view new phones when they come out at https://www.verizonwireless.com/featured/shop-phones-devices/ DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
eric22t

while i have not have time yet to search out basic phones that fit your list. i can tell you of 2 full qwety keybord smart phones that are 4g  and i have/ use both.

lg vs890

samsung sch i415 straosphere2

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@eric22t wrote:

while i have not have time yet to search out basic phones that fit your list. i can tell you of 2 full qwety keybord smart phones that are 4g  and i have/ use both.

lg vs890

samsung sch i415 straosphere2

lg vs890  and samsung sch i415 straosphere2 only have band 13 and I doubt either supports HD calling which is also a requirement. Even if they did, being band 13 only would provide a poor experience

0 Likes
eric22t

both are in current use and both function just fine.

"poor" is not a word i would even consider using to describe the experience

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@eric22t wrote:

both are in current use and both function just fine.

"poor" is not a word i would even consider using to describe the experience

Yes if they are already activated they can stay until the end of the year. If they weren't you would not be able to activate them. Please bone up on Verizon policies regarding the CDMA shutdown before posting.

band 13 has a max speed of 75 Mbps and that if you're the only one using the tower and with only band 13 when the tower get congested( and with band 13 only it will ) speeds will be very slow as it doesn't have other bands to use

eric22t

i sit corrected. i missed the hd voice requirement.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@eric22t wrote:

i sit corrected. i missed the hd voice requirement.

Even though I specfically told you. Anyway your "function just fine" phones won't function after Dec 31 by the way.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To have the latest news on our promotions and devices. Please register for the most up to date information. https://forms.verizonwireless.com/dgf/optin/2012/08282012_general_optin/ VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes
Double-R1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in the same boat with my LG Cosmos.  What really bothers me is this has not been publically announced yet.  The announcements I've seen on the news are bragging about 5g, but nothing about the loss of 3G and 2G.  What about the people out there with older phones that will be forced to buy something new, or don't know about it until their phone just stops working.  What about the people in shelters that are given old retired/deactivated phones because emergency 911 still works on them.  Will they all be up the creek too?  If so, that's pretty serious stuff.