Why is my device displaying messages differently?
Chip61
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Samsung Brightside phone has just started displaying my instant messages differently.  Instead of showing them as conversations (i.e., incoming and outgoing messages in chronological order), I have to choose between "Inbox," "Sent," and "Drafts" to see one side of my conversation or the other.  Also, I can save the Inbox messages to the memory card, but I don't have that option for Sent messages.  How can I change the messaging back to conversation format?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Brightside Messaging
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Viewing Messages by Contact: When the Inbox View setting is set to Contact, all incoming and sent messages are stored in the Messages folder, grouped by contact (the sender/recipient of the message), to provide a threaded view of the message exchange.

Viewing Messages by Time: When the Inbox View setting is set to Time, incoming messages are stored in the Inbox, and sent messages are stored in the Sent folder, sorted by time.

Note: For more information about the Inbox View setting, see “Message Settings” on page 53. ( http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/sam_brightside/sam_brightside_manual.pdf )

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Viewing Messages by Contact: When the Inbox View setting is set to Contact, all incoming and sent messages are stored in the Messages folder, grouped by contact (the sender/recipient of the message), to provide a threaded view of the message exchange.

Viewing Messages by Time: When the Inbox View setting is set to Time, incoming messages are stored in the Inbox, and sent messages are stored in the Sent folder, sorted by time.

Note: For more information about the Inbox View setting, see “Message Settings” on page 53. ( http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/sam_brightside/sam_brightside_manual.pdf )

Chip61
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you!  I'm not sure how I changed it in the first place, but it's now back to the way I prefer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Great, glad I could help get you back to normal!

0 Likes