Highlighted

Why is my device displaying messages differently?

My Samsung Brightside phone has just started displaying my instant messages differently.  Instead of showing them as conversations (i.e., incoming and outgoing messages in chronological order), I have to choose between "Inbox," "Sent," and "Drafts" to see one side of my conversation or the other.  Also, I can save the Inbox messages to the memory card, but I don't have that option for Sent messages.  How can I change the messaging back to conversation format?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Samsung Brightside Messaging

Sr. Leader

Viewing Messages by Contact: When the Inbox View setting is set to Contact, all incoming and sent messages are stored in the Messages folder, grouped by contact (the sender/recipient of the message), to provide a threaded view of the message exchange.

Viewing Messages by Time: When the Inbox View setting is set to Time, incoming messages are stored in the Inbox, and sent messages are stored in the Sent folder, sorted by time.

Note: For more information about the Inbox View setting, see “Message Settings” on page 53. ( http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/sam_brightside/sam_brightside_manual.pdf )

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Viewing Messages by Contact: When the Inbox View setting is set to Contact, all incoming and sent messages are stored in the Messages folder, grouped by contact (the sender/recipient of the message), to provide a threaded view of the message exchange.

Viewing Messages by Time: When the Inbox View setting is set to Time, incoming messages are stored in the Inbox, and sent messages are stored in the Sent folder, sorted by time.

Note: For more information about the Inbox View setting, see “Message Settings” on page 53. ( http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/sam_brightside/sam_brightside_manual.pdf )

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you!  I'm not sure how I changed it in the first place, but it's now back to the way I prefer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Great, glad I could help get you back to normal!

0 Likes